hf1

Anyone have a Boba 3g sling?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Anyone have a Boba 3g sling?

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:11 am

I have been umming and ahhing over slings for ages now and just cant decide but the one thing that I really like the look of at the moment is the Boba 3g. I want something I can use with both bump and Darcy (although more for bump as Darcy is more than happy to walk everywhere) for quick up and downs and like that I wouldn't need to buy an extras with this one, like newborn insert, waist extender (was too big for my Ergo when I had it so had to buy a waist extender :oops: )

I will have a stretchy for bump too for when he is tiny and may possibly get a woven once bump is bigger if I feel the need but to begin with I just want a SSC.

Just wondering if anyone has one or have tried one and what they thought of it? They seem to be getting good reviews and I had hoped to try one out at my local sling meet but I have just missed one and the next one isn't until the end of September and I won't be able to get to it as DH is working and it is 40 mins away and I am struggling to drive short journeys now so there is now way I will be able to drive that far at 37 weeks.

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Anyone have a Boba 3g sling?

Postby mummy_mi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 am

Sorry no help here but I want to get one as well as I've read only good things about them and well pretty fabrics! so am interested to see what people say.

Could your local sling meet not post it to you recorded if you offer to bank trans or pp the money for postage over?

x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:32 am

ok-i have a boba 2g-although i think what im talking about hasn't changed for the 3g-which is my partner has to use this because the straps are so massive on the shoulders! it just slips off my shoulders (i do have small shoulders mind) and feels too beefy. they are *very* padded. but...if it does fit, i have to say, its perfect. my partner would never change it. could you order online from somewhere and return it if no good? might only cost you the postage one-way.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 am

mummy_mi wrote:Sorry no help here but I want to get one as well as I've read only good things about them and well pretty fabrics! so am interested to see what people say.

Could your local sling meet not post it to you recorded if you offer to bank trans or pp the money for postage over?

x

I never thought of asking them to post it to me, I guess it could be worth a try if they haven't already hired it out this month. I also noticed that Slumber roo do online loan too so may be another option :thumbsup: I really need to just try out how it feels with a doll or teddy bear in as no way I could manage Darcy in it at the moment, but would like DH to try it out with her in it to see if he's comfortable in it :thumbsup:

Dora wrote:ok-i have a boba 2g-although i think what im talking about hasn't changed for the 3g-which is my partner has to use this because the straps are so massive on the shoulders! it just slips off my shoulders (i do have small shoulders mind) and feels too beefy. they are *very* padded. but...if it does fit, i have to say, its perfect. my partner would never change it. could you order online from somewhere and return it if no good? might only cost you the postage one-way.
Dora wrote:hmmm...just saw that you thought you might not have to use a waist extender...not convinced. the waist isnt overly generous. are you thinking of wearing it quite high on your though? shall i measure mine for you?

My friend has the 2g too and said the straps are very bulky but apparently they are thinner on the 3g. Also, looking at the 3g it says waist extends to 58" so should be plenty long enough :giggle: guessing the 2g probably has a smaller range :-? The Ergo I had did fit but was a bit uncomfortable which is why I needed the extender, but I think they may have made their straps longer now as the Ergo I had was a very old version.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:16 am

i did delete the waist comment actually reading the waist measurements! :giggle: i just have a yamo as well and it goes much bigger which is why i thought my 2g was smaller. im more of a wrap girl anyway so i'll let my oh have the boba. it is gorgeous thogh-the tweet fabric really is stunning.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:57 pm

I tried one but I much prefer crossed straps for front carries and u can't do that with a boba

Return to Prams, Slings and Things