hf1

Which is the best type of sling for me

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Which is the best type of sling for me

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:37 am

littlesez wrote:I am tempted by hybrid i liek the sound of it :lookround: I already have 3 slings though :giggle:

@littlesez Only 3 :lookround: :lookround: :lookround: When you get to nearly 30, then you have to worry :giggle: Tho some are library slings and not mine.
2 reasonably priced hybrids are VSL smith firm and my faves wrapsody bali stretch. You can get the wrapsody from uk sites, but linked you to the US one so that you can see all the prints they do :love:

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Oooooh, look! http://victoriaslinglady.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=68. New product with 15% off, and you can get it undyed and customise it - that's even the cheapest way of getting it :D

I can see how this sling-buying thing can get addictive...

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Fantastic post Ant, so much info there :) Thanks for sharing :)

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Well went to my first sling meet today :yahoo: which was lovely. And freshly armed with the great info here from Ant I had a lovely time and actually had a clue as to what they were :) Thanks Ant.

So all I have used is stretchies really and she showed me a couple of Mei Tais and am hoping to try one out with LO soon. Excited!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:38 am

knees_on wrote:Well went to my first sling meet today :yahoo: which was lovely. And freshly armed with the great info here from Ant I had a lovely time and actually had a clue as to what they were :) Thanks Ant.

So all I have used is stretchies really and she showed me a couple of Mei Tais and am hoping to try one out with LO soon. Excited!

Yay glad you had fun :)MT's are great. I prefer wrap straps on MT's or heavily padded straps as they are much more comfy.
Lenny lamb is a good budget padded MT. deffo suitable for toddlers, and even pre-schoolers, but not so much for babies as it is a large carrier http://en.lennylamb.com/mei_tai_carriers
Hop-tie is a more budget wrap strap MT I love didytai's but they are much more expensive :giggle:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 am

epsilon1 wrote:Oooooh, look! http://victoriaslinglady.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=68. New product with 15% off, and you can get it undyed and customise it - that's even the cheapest way of getting it :D

I can see how this sling-buying thing can get addictive...

I havent personally tried the new VSL wrap yet, but I have been told that they are a bit of a beast to break in, so just a word of warning on that one. Best ways to break in wraps are use and abuse them :giggle: People are often scared of their first woven, and treat it with such care, but to break it in, you kinda need to do the oposite. Braid it, run it through sling rings/baby gates, sleep with it, put it in cushions to use on the sofa etc etc. You need to fluff up the fibres to soften them, and this will only happen by abusing it. Also washing a wrap makes it much stiffer too, so always wash new wraps before you start breaking them in, and then I only wash wraps when they are so mucky they can take themselves to the washing machine :giggle:

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 am

Hum, well, I've ordered one now (the new bamboo linen one) that you can dye yourself. Baby won't be here until at least December (certainly shouldn't be anyway :shock: ), and I have the caboo to use initially, as an 'easy' introduction - with any luck, by the time I need to move up to something firmer I'll know what I'm doing and have it broken in. Something to keep me occupied during maternity leave, apart from all that 'nesting' stuff that's supposed to happen. :giggle:

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sun May 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Brilliant post :thumbsup:

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:43 am

What a lot of information :shock: was just starting to get the hang of nappies :giggle: I got a wallaboo, not really sure what category that falls in. Anyone used one before? To be honest it was a bit of an impulse buy, was at a baby sale and it was so inexpensive I thought if it doesn't work out I've not lost much, and it's my favourite colour :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things