Quinny Buzz?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Quinny Buzz?

Postby clothmama » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:30 am

I'm researching prams and car seats. It seems the maxi cosy isofix is the best option for us as it is available here now and is obviously a European seat so we can go between countries for visits without worrying about the seat not being 'approved'. This made me look at the Quinny Buzz pram as it is compatible and I really like the look of it :widesmile: . I have spotted a ridiculously cheap one in good condition with the bassinet and everything. This is our last baby so I don't see the point in spending a fortune on a new travel system when I can definately pick up something nice pre-loved.

I don't want to get too excited and rush to put a bid on but what do you guys think? Has anyone had one? Pros and Cons?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Quinny Buzz?

Postby clothmama » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:36 am

Oh and 3 wheel or 4 wheel???? I've only ever had quite old fashioned prams so have no idea :hohoho:

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:16 am

Hi Tory

We had one with Finlay. We never used the bassinet so sold that on as always used the car seat attachment when he was small.

My only problem, was I kept getting flat tyres. So when we had Patrick we got a Muma's and Papa's Luna pram which we love and still use today.

We still have our Quinny, it in our shed!

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 am

@clothmama I swear by the out and about 360 nipper 3 wheeler, very practical. I've had it thru snow, sand, long grass with no problem :)
Re tyres- I filled ours with a solution called 'slime' which prevented punctures. I've only ever had one flat in 4 years!

I would also go with pre loved. I had a single and double. I bought the double off eBay £160 and sold on for £100 after using for two years. so lost much less than buying new.

If I had #3 (which I won't, but if I did) I would buy 99% of stuff pre loved x

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:40 am

I used to look after little boy and his pram was a buzz (3wheeled) personally I didn't like it, found it very unstable on our dodgy paths and very heavy, this was about 4 years ago so they may have improved them since, but I preferred my Icandy or my urban detour 3 wheeler :-)

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:32 pm

I've gone for a phil and teds vibe (it's a 3 wheeler) on ebay. I've already got their explorer one and it's so good-as a single, double, travel system, with bassinet. We use it on the beach ,long grass, in the town centre. It's like a transformer pram! The explorer (unlike the vibe) isnt the most compact when folded mind-thats the only thing I'd change. How does the one youre looking at fold? @clothmama I'm totally with you going for a great preloved-it's greener and better value. Also if it doesn't work out, you can sell and move on without too much loss. Not everyone delivers on uk ebay mind. Bah x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Never had one myself, but pushed friends quinny's a few times.

I found the handles very low down (even for 5ft 4 me!) with no adjustability.

They all seem very unstable - with my friends having to carry their change bags, as they cannot trust the weight of the bag over the handles.

The basket is also v small!

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:32 pm

My friend has this the basket for shopping is tiny and handles are low even for a 5ft 3 me.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Loved loved loved my quinny also bought that second hand when Chloe was little. I personally hated it being 3 wheeled as the front wheel kept getting stuck. Can also swear by slime (if you can't get it in Australia I can send you some) it slows down/stops punctures etc... Loved that it had all options available, we bought it when Chloe was about 3 months old as our initial travel system (also preloved) didn't have parent facing option other than bassinet/car seat. So wanted something that she had options with. We even sold it on to clothbrother and clothsisterinlaw :hohoho: my fave parts were the nappy bag that fits to it and how easy it was to take apart to clean as well as the way it puts itself up (although putting it down is initially an art) downsides were for Chloe she grew out of the seat quite quickly (super tall baby though so hopefully you won't have that issue) other downsides for us was that it is really quite big when folded. It was ok in my people carrier but not great in Neil's smaller car, Naomi had this problem with her Clio and had to take the wheels off the frame. Was a total pain in the bum for them. We have gone with the maxi cosy cabriofix as have always loved those seats and it fits with the travel system we have chosen this time which is the oyster. We went for this as as the seat suits a taller child and we've bought the buggy board for Chloe which fits beautifully. X

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things