Pushchair recommendations / help?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Pushchair recommendations / help?

Postby clothmama » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:58 am

I don't know what to do I'm in such a quandry! I want a parent facing / reversible seat pushchair that I can conect a car seat to, that lies flat and that folds up small. I don't think this is too much to ask but after hours and hours and hours it seems it doesn't exist :doh: :doh: :x :x I'm going to buy 2nd hand as I hope to wear him aq lot of the time but then in the middle of summer here that may not always be an option. We are hoping to do a UK trip early next year so baby would be 2-3 months old so really dont' want something big (I think the one I really like is too big!).

Any ideas that meet my criteria that I haven't come across?

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Pushchair recommendations / help?

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:58 am

The newest Quinny Zapp is parent facing and folds up small, however if you're likely to walk lots over rough ground I wouldn't recommend it as the wheels are small and no suspension.

Loola is parent facing, umbrella fold, some suspension, but doesn't have huge wheels.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:15 am

We have gone for the oyster system as I had the same pre requisites as yourself. The other one we looked at was the mothercare expedior or something like that. Was a great system but don't know if you have mothercare over there? Another one we liked was the graco travel system again brilliant. We only went with the oyster was because it took a longer child so thought dd was likely to fit in it longer. X

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:17 am

We want to get the baby jogger versa. Folds small has great reviews and rearfacing until they are old enough too protest ;)

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:47 am

If I'm ever allowed to have another baby :roll: ....i'd have a baby jogger city versa too...I loved my city mini but the only drawback was it didnt reverse :(

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:43 pm

My phil and teds smart buggy folds up well, is light, can have parent facing, has a sleep recline and connects to my car seat but I can't see it for sale anywhere. No suspension though and not a three wheeler...

It is hard choosing isnt it? :hug: x

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:08 pm

That's why I had a Bugaboo bee as it's light weight, lies flat, good suspension (my dad a car designer tested it), slim and car seat attaches.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:56 am

Thanks so much for your replies girls! OMG I think I really want an Oyster now!!! Sadly they are really dear here and I can't see a single one second hand. I'm wondering if I should buy it in the UK and just get the frame sent out - I think it is only 8 kg then I can use the car seat bit and pick up the rest when we come over! Lucy where did you get / will you get yours (maybe we can get a discount for getting 2 :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: @clothsister ). I love the different colours you can get (perhaps I'm being a sucker and going for that but the folded dimenesions are smaller than any of the others that I've seen.

Bugglyboo wrote:We want to get the baby jogger versa. Folds small has great reviews and rearfacing until they are old enough too protest ;)

They are interesting but again really really dear here (like &*()&) everything :x !!). If I can't get an Oyster sorted that may be the next option.

autumnalgirl wrote:The newest Quinny Zapp is parent facing and folds up small, however if you're likely to walk lots over rough ground I wouldn't recommend it as the wheels are small and no suspension.

Have been looking at these as they would be so handy for the airport!

All I can say is thank goodness I still have a while to decide!!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:01 pm

We bought ours from kiddicare in the January sales got the carry cot bit free. We love it and I can't wait to get to use it. X

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things