hf1

Would this be suitable for a 2-year-old?

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Would this be suitable for a 2-year-old?

Postby shinycat » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Oh, ok, I'll check it out when it comes. At least I'm not carrying a newborn in it! The listing did show the Freedom label so I assumed that it was a genuine one.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:02 pm

All fake have lsbles on them. Its really hard to tell them apart. Generally its best to buy frim a credible store. If it seems to cheap to be true it probably is

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:36 pm

ems101 wrote:All fake have lsbles on them. Its really hard to tell them apart. Generally its best to buy frim a credible store. If it seems to cheap to be true it probably is

I bought it used so the price is just what the auction went up to. All the ones I have been watching have started around the £2-£5 mark but sold for very variable prices at the end of the auction. Well if it looks like it might be a fake (with dodgy rings) but we really get on with it I can always splash out on a new one. If we don't get on with it I've only lost a few quid.

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Sling finally turned out today, I am extremely pleased to find it does not have welded rings so seems to be genuine, so I lucked out winning it for £6.60 plus postage :yahoo:

Now just got to figure out how to use it.....

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 pm

yay! is it linen? if it is and doesn't feel soft, it'll soften right up with use xx

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:47 am

Dora wrote:yay! is it linen? if it is and doesn't feel soft, it'll soften right up with use xx

Yes it's linen, and already pretty soft. It has been well used, a little faded actually. First use ended up being with 4-y-o DD which was a little hard on the back (!) but I carried her way further than I normally could. DS still a little suspicious.....

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:47 am

Well done you :) your back will get used to it! I carry my three year old all the time. If you want to build up strength you could try carrying in the kitchen with lo 'helping' you at counter height-careful of hot pans etc! X

Previous

Return to Prams, Slings and Things