Phil & Teds Smart - who has one?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Phil & Teds Smart - who has one?

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:21 am

I have just spotted one on Gumtree at a good price including the verso change direction thing and the Peanut bassinet and it it not a lot bigger than the Quinny Zapp which I was thinking of getting as a compact for overseas traveling when bub is only a couple of months old. The fact it has a bassinett is making it more attractive for me for the slight increase in dimensions. Has anyone got one and what are your thoughts? @Dora I know you mentioned having one and I wasn't really looking at the time but I think I need to consider all compact options and see what comes up and this one has! I realise it won't be good for uneven surfaces so will still try to pic up a 2nd hand Oyster to use as a main pram but this seems a great option.

I also like that I can buy a new canopy etc very cheaply to freshen it up and make it feel new! I just looked and they are only $30 new!

Look forward to your replies!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Phil & Teds Smart - who has one?

Postby Dora » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:29 am

Well I love mine tbh. Mine fits with my car seat as well. I too have the bassinet. It's all very easy to fit together and take apart. It folds flat rather than in half just so you know about the folded height so check your boot, the verso thing is fab. I'd buy a seat liner if using for a very small lo. Did you know you can also change the whole actual seat component as well? I was going to get one-I think they're about £30. The foot well doesn't store much and the handles aren't great for a very tall person-ok for me at 5'7" but it's the cutest little thing ever. And my 3 three year old is comfortable in it too so let the size of the seat fool you :) I'd recommend it. They're very expensive here on ebay second hand. Does it come with a raincover? Xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:12 am

@Dora, I can't find the folded with wheels on dimensions - any chance you could measure yours for me (in cms I dont' understand inches :hohoho: )?

Yes it does have the raincover with it :) Thanks for your feedback :widesmile:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:25 am

Sounds a good option for you @clothmama don't worry @Dora she won't have a problem with the handle height :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

xxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:00 am

clothsister wrote:Sounds a good option for you @clothmama don't worry @Dora she won't have a problem with the handle height :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

xxx

:shock: :shock: what are you saying??? You are such a comedienne :roll: :wink: :hohoho:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:48 am

@clothmama I will do so once it's out the boot :) don't really understand the use of measurements without the wheels as they're not removable! I shall measure from the very tip of the handbar to the lowest point of the wheel...in cm x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:49 am

clothsister wrote:don't worry @Dora she won't have a problem with the handle height :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

xxx

awww :hug: poor clothmama! I'd love to more petite personally...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:41 am

Dora wrote:@clothmama I will do so once it's out the boot :) don't really understand the use of measurements without the wheels as they're not removable! I shall measure from the very tip of the handbar to the lowest point of the wheel...in cm x

That makes even less sense then, I presumed that there was easily removable wheels (which some of them have!). Thanks Dora - and width too please from side to side as that seems to be where it really beats the others but without wheels :roll: :doh: :giggle:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:10 pm

There is a little review here that might help with photos etc... http://ourhappylittlevegemites.blogspot ... eanut.html

I googled it as i didnt know what one looked like, i still love looking a buggies even tho DD is nearly 4 (can you say pramaholic :giggle: )

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things