hf1

How would you approach the subject

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

How would you approach the subject

Postby clothsister » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:15 pm

So it seems that my friend may have misplaced my moby. She is one of my loveliest and closest friends and I do not want to lose her over this she text earlier to say

"Oops, forgot to be you updated. Inlaws home safely and said they'd check the loft for me today. Just rang them and they're not answering. Will try again after boys in bed xx. Luc, if I've misplaced it, I'll replace it soonest! Really sorry for all the hassles. Feel like a proper numpty!!! "

The problem is I need my moby as DD1 can't be left anywhere near DD2 as she either pinches her or tries to pick her up. (A whole other subject) anyway kind of
Want to just buy a new sling so that I have it ASAP but mobys are so expensive. Anyone recommend a cheaper wrap?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How would you approach the subject

Postby Louise » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:55 pm

I'd probably reply with something like "Thanks so much, I am in desperate need of a wrap at the moment." The only stretchy I've ever used is a Moby or a Kari Me. Victoria Slinglady's stretchy wraps are supposed to be a good cheaper option though.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:20 pm

I like Louise's reply suggestion. Highlights your need hopefully enough for her to get her skates on

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks both. I have text back saying pretty much exactly what you said and put that I'm finding it hard as DD1 being a little &@!# to DD2 so hopefully she gets the message. Watch this space. X

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:39 pm

I've got a stretchy I can send you-if interested ,let me know x

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:37 pm

I hope that you get either your original one or a replacement soon, as they can be so helpful!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Oh dear :( I hope she gets back to you quickly and you can get one sorted soon with no damage to friendship!!

Dora wrote:I've got a stretchy I can send you-if interested ,let me know x

That is so kind Dora!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:38 am

There's a Moby wrap just come on classifieds which sounds hardly used! Seems like you might have it covered anyway now but might be worth a look just in case?

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:50 am

Thanks @Dora that's really sweet of you I may take you up on that. I'll honestly be annoyed if she doesn't buy me one as they aren't exactly cheap. She's coming over for coffee tomorrow to see Penny so will see what happens x

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things