hf1

What woven wrap would you get as a gift? Update pg 3.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

What woven wrap would you get as a gift? Update pg 3.

Postby clothmama » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:31 am

My lovely midwife friends have asked me what I would like for a maternity present. I you asked for woven as a gift what would you choose? So far looking at Girasol, Didymos, vatanai, Natibaby and Ellevill. What else should I consider? What would you most want that you would use from birth to toddler and why would you choose that over the others? What colour way do you most love?

I'm loving rainbows but with a blue/purple bent to them, I never wear any yellow / reds. :bw:

Also anyone know what the benefits / drawbacks / differences are between a normal Girasol and a diamond weave one?

EDIT: Have chosen a Grasol Amitola in size 6 with a purple weft - a Slingomama design.
Picture from their website, full details here:
http://www.slingomama.nl/en/girasol-exc ... itola.html

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What woven wrap would you get as a gift?

Postby clothmama » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:32 am

@Mumof5 I saw from an old post that you have a vatanai and were really impressed with it, do you still love it?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:09 am

Girasol Amitola Twill weave (with purple weft?) is gorgeous :love:
and :love:
Ellevill Zara - woven wrap
Aubergin, size 6
Natibaby Toronto
Vatanai EILEAN Bourette Silk

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:11 am

I love my girasol, but I don't know the differences in the weave as I only have one!
The Amitola is beautiful - mine is a dark blue weft and the purple is also beautiful.
I'd get a size 6 as they are versatile and good for both front and back carries.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:23 pm

I have an ellevill and I love it! I have a 5 And would prefer a little more length sometimes. Xxx

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:34 pm

I'm looking for a woven for my Christmas present from dh. I need ideas he said I wasn't allowed a hugely expensive one as a have a hoptye mei tye, a stretchy and an ergo.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:39 pm

@Sophiebeth Lennylamb are great budget wovens!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:23 pm

My favourite wrap ever was my silk cherry blossom Didy. :love: d my rainbow Giras too though.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:32 pm

What a great gift!! No difference between the twill and diamond girasols side from the appearance really. Toddler versions of girasols exist mind which are said to be stronger. The ordinary cotton ones are good with toddlers. I love the amitola and northern lights-when you switch the top and bottom they look like different wraps :love: never had an elleville but I've heard they have crazy long tapers which means some people need to size up (or wrap smaller!) My fav wraps are oscha's-they've fallen out of favour with a lot of people but the quality is amazing :)

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things