hf1

What woven wrap would you get as a gift? Update pg 3.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What woven wrap would you get as a gift?

Postby clothmama » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:18 am

This is the Vatanai EILEAN Bourette Silk that I love the look of, not sure about the silk thing though if it would make it harder to use for a newby user? Isn't it gorgeous! :love:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:28 am

Need to find something in stock as well as wont' have time to pre-order before my baby shower so that is going to limit what I can get from where I'm looking! I spoke to one of the girls at work last night and they thought it was a great idea :yahoo:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:04 am

Personally I'd be worried about washing a silk wrap and teeny babies throw up on wraps...

There are some lovely giras here.
http://babymumma.com.au/shop/buy/baby/wraps-and-carriers/girasol/
I bought from them (a Natibaby Milky Way) when in Oz last and their service was great.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:56 pm

I've found washing silk is easy enough-baby sick or not-you hand wash and dont tumble dry-but silk sometimes isnt as strong a blend to actually carry with. It's a personal preference thing on whether you prefer perhaps a thinner silk blend or a more robust cotton/wool/hemp etc blend. Personally I hate 'second-skin' type of wraps and with that said hemp often feels too monstrous if not broken in. I'm more a cotton/linen/wool kinda girl :) silk and linen give wraps a lovely playing with light effect which wool and cotton doesn't have mind...

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Agree with @sim about babymumma. I've ordered from there a couple of times and they're really nice x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:11 am

Dora wrote:What a great gift!!

I know - I'm so glad I thought of it after missing the 2nd hand one (which I now realise would have been to long for us!) and the girls I've spoken to think it is a great idea :widesmile:
Thanks so much for all your advice girls! @Louise @Dora and @sim really appreciate it! That site looks good but not keen on any of the patterns they have in! I'm thinking the girasol is going to be the best option and I can find that in stock, sadly not the azul pacifico weft as I think I may love that more than the purple weft but no good if I can't get hold of it!!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:40 am

@clothmama there's a dutch or german site that has most of the girasols-possibly www.slingomama.nl ?? From memory so if it doesnt work you might have to google it x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 am

Dora wrote:@clothmama there's a dutch or german site that has most of the girasols-possibly http://www.slingomama.nl ?? From memory so if it doesn´t work you might have to google it x

Thanks Dora, I´ll check them out, I´ve got time to order I guess as long as postage isn´t too pricey!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:19 am

@clothmama aww...I hope it isnt. They had a fab selection of the amitola's when I was looking before. I've got a black weft ring sling :) x

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things