hf1

Do I need a mai tei or SSC as well as my woven?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Do I need a mai tei or SSC as well as my woven?

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:41 pm

I just flew to France (from UK) a few weeks ago and wasn't asked to take baby out on the way there or back... Sounds like I got lucky on that front!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:06 am

Dancing mum wrote:I just flew to France (from UK) a few weeks ago and wasn't asked to take baby out on the way there or back... Sounds like I got lucky on that front!

I guess they are more picky on the long haul flights!

I think I might get something else as well then by the sounds of it! I will leave it until I get to Europe so as not to have something else to carry!

So what should I get :nosey: :bw:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:53 am

clothmama wrote:So what should I get :nosey: :bw:

@sim @Dora @Dancing mum @littlesez @docmaggoo @anyone else who knows about these things!

If I were to get a SSC or a Mei tei what should I look at?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi :wave: well...personally I'd always go for a mei tai and I'd choose one with actual wrap straps and waist as opposed to velour/corderoy/cotton etc. My mt has this because I find carrying on the shoulders easier when you can fan the material out and also it makes it easier to swap between users so you and mr clothmama if necessary. Some swear by scc's but I think my shoulders must be picky-I tried the main makes and also wahm ones and they gave me lower back ache/sciatica but this may be personal to me and hangover from pregnancy xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:25 pm

WSS !

I have a maya tie which is has wrap straps but to be fair that means it's not much difference between that and a wrap

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:28 pm

IMHO I don't think you should get anything else until bubs is here and you have had a play

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:59 pm

I only have wraps (a stretchy Moby and woven Ellaroo) so I'm no help to you at all I'm afraid. I was given a hand-me-down Baby Bjorn which I used for about 2 weeks when LO was tiny but I hated it... Didn't seem at all supportive enough for baby had felt very heavy on my shoulders as never quite fit my proportions properly! Unfortunately this completely put me off anything even vaguely structured. On the up side this is what led me to discover my wonderful Moby :love:
Mei Ties do look lovely though and I've heard they are great but don't have personal experience with them.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:16 pm

I have just got a Lenny Lamb Toddler SSC and oh my goodness it is ridiculously comfortable. It's wrap fabric so it stretches round baby and gives them that squishy support but it so less faffy than wrapping. My boys don't like being wrapped anymore but love the ssc.

When I was tiny, I had a ring sling which was used most, a size 4 woven, a size 6, a mei tai and buckles. I didn't end up using the mei tai very often because the only reason I used carriers over wraps was for ease/speed so buckles won.

I think if you got buckles with straps that cross over then you still get the comfort of wrapping but with the ease and speed of buckles.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:50 am

littlesez wrote:IMHO I don't think you should get anything else until bubs is here and you have had a play

That sounds sensible!

Bugglyboo wrote:When I was tiny, I had a ring sling which was used most, a size 4 woven, a size 6, a mei tai and buckles. I didn't end up using the mei tai very often because the only reason I used carriers over wraps was for ease/speed so buckles won.

I think if you got buckles with straps that cross over then you still get the comfort of wrapping but with the ease and speed of buckles.

So I clearly don't have enough :hohoho: :hohoho:

Previous

Return to Prams, Slings and Things