hf1

Another pram shopping question - High Trek pic added pg 4

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Another pram shopping question - help needed!

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:07 am

LynniferT wrote:For £25 its worth a go @clothmama i had a loola chassis (no seat) and it was fine. Looks like a grandparents buggy so should be in fab condition!

That's what I'm thinking and if I don't like it I reackon I can sell it here for at least that! Some people really love them and others not so it could go either way!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Another pram shopping question - update - Oyster?!

Postby clothmama » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:26 am

OK so I missed the Loola which went for 40 which i would have paid :doh: :doh: forgot about it!

I've spotted an Oyster not far from us. Does it lie flat? Has anyone got one? Love it / hate it (reviews mainly positive but some negative)? @clothsister I know you loved it when she was little - do you still?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:56 am

clothmama wrote:OK so I missed the Loola which went for 40 which i would have paid :doh: :doh: forgot about it!

I've spotted an Oyster not far from us. Does it lie flat? Has anyone got one? Love it / hate it (reviews mainly positive but some negative)? @clothsister I know you loved it when she was little - do you still?

I think the newer oysters lie flat (for newborns) but the older ones say the seat is from 6 months as i looked at it when i was shopping for T's pushchair. So prob not completely flat? The oyster isnt an umbrella fold though is it?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:20 am

I had one of the older Oysters and it didn't lie flat, but I went with it anyway :oops:

I liked that it had a seat that could face both ways and that the handle adjusted. But that's because I am 5ft 10 and hate stooping with others.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:52 pm

I have an oyster gem and their a bit odd... The lie back seat is huge and does lie flat, however it's only world facing. Their parent seat is like a bucket shape so doesn't really lie flat flat. It says from 6 months but Blaine was too big for it by 10months (although he is very very tall so that might have just been a Blaine problem) those things aside I actually loved it and have just got it out for other half to give a once over for little miss. X

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:45 am

Hey @clothmama yes j have the oyster. I like it but I don't love it at her older age. The seat unit isn't perfect to be honest. It's very big and bulky. We don't use it a lot as she walks everywhere now. She actually prefers the umbrella chair now as its sits up more. X

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 pm

I have an oyster, it lies pretty flat and is parent facing or facing away. You can use the cabriofix car seat with it with the adapters

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Another pram shopping question - High Trek?!

Postby clothmama » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:10 am

OK so I'm thinking I might forget the umbrella fold thing, keep my smart in use for travel / shopping and go for a 3 wheeler that will be good for walking around here (the roads are rough and I struggle with the Smart). I found a High Trek which seems to have a comfy seat, good suspension etc. Has anyone had one of these?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Another pram shopping question - High Trek?!

Postby LynniferT » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:25 am

Not got one but just googled it and it looks lovely. Pretty sure bebeconfort used to make the loola, so if you were happy getting one of those i'd go look/get the trek.

I take it from chat that it is second hand so you could go try it out couldnt you?

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things