hf1

To get pram bassinet attachment or not?

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

To get pram bassinet attachment or not?

Postby cuppachaplz » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm going to order our double buggy soon, as I can't see one which fits Percy's needs cropping up 2nd hand...
Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or opinions on whether to bother getting the bassinet/carrycot attachment or not?
The ones we are looking at lie flat and are suitable from birth so not strictly necessary...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: To get pram bassinet attachment or not?

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:10 pm

I loved mine but we also bought a stand for it so it doubled up as a moses basket. It was easy to just move the bassinet from the wheels to the stand without having to disturb baby.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:35 pm

We got one for the mountain buggy. It was bought for us for about £150!! It was v small and fitted for about 3/4 months. I used for both boys but if just for one I wouldn't really say it was worth it. My boys were big... 9.5 and 10lbers, so I guess that's a factor too...

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Could you not get a compatible soft carrycot (one that clips in with the d-rings on the buggy) then when baby is teeny he/she wont look so lost in the main seat if you dont have a proper bassinet.

Graco/britax/phil and teds do them?

Otherwise if you know you will get lots of use out of it, get one... You can always ebay it after your done with it?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:44 pm

I loved mine but as we were bohemian and homeless for much of the first 6 or 7 months of his life I used it all the time and he actually slept in it most of the time we were moving around (it was a P&T peanut which are suitable to do so). I didnt' have one for the other 2 (we had a moses basket to sleep in) and just made up the bed all cosy in the flat pram bit, they were summer babies which perhaps makes a difference (although yours will be spring / summer too). Could you get that bit preloved as they are often so gently used as to be almost new?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:31 pm

I have a mountain buggy cot you can have if you decide to go for one if those

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:07 am

thanks @ems101, but I went for the bumbleride indie twin in the end, mainly because I found one half price :widesmile:
I got a bassinet as they were half price too, the logic being that I can always send it back...
It's all getting scarily real now...

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:49 pm

We might do it alot different here in DK, but with a baby I would not be without a big pram that the baby could nap in - so yes to bassinet or something like that. We don't have our old pram anymore but it was like this with a bassinet kind of thing in it you could take out. However we used a Voksi (second pic)

By the way that bumbleride looks really nice!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:50 am

This was the exact same dilemma I found myself in... I was originally thinking that I would get the bassinette/carrycot as it would double up as a Moses basket however I don't think I'll actually use the pram very much in the first few months and wrap baby instead and if need be, just use the car seat on the wheels. Saying that tho if I could have gotten the carrycot second hand I probably would have got it anyway but as it stood it was a lot of money when I can get a Moses basket and stand for under £50! Xx

Return to Prams, Slings and Things