Loola pushchair - your opinions please

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Loola pushchair - your opinions please

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:37 am

flutterby wrote:
Shevi wrote:i am a great fan of the loola, but its not particularly light or small folding.
it is worth looking at the bebe confort streety (my new favourite!!) which is slightly smaller, slightly lighter and a lot cheaper if you really really like the style, (it is fab, better than the loola in my opinion, as it does everything, just a little smaller and lighter...lookes a little like an oversized bugaboo Bee) but other than that i agree with everyone else, a light umbrella fold buggy is probably best for holiday

Why oh why, it's sooo cute, but I don't want a car seat, can I get it without a carseat, I would actually conside selling my dazzle and my buzz for it!

I'm so sorry!!!! I must admit i love it too! in an ideal world i would buy it with a carrycot but with no carseat (i'm sure you can somehow, but not sure how!!) but a maxi cosi seat, and adaptors for the streety, and also have an xplory!

pretty tall order!! no?!!! considering i have been saving money from working...but have about 1/2 the amount for an xplory...may end up with a streety...which i would also love....but then again, i alsio have almost the amount for a doula...so that may be a better idea...unless i can con a freebie from a friend who is about to train!!! but she doesn't actually ahve any kids herself....but perhaps that means she also has no misconceptions based on her own experiences...

sorry was just thinking out loud!!! Streety's are gorgeous. I suggested the loola to one of my ladies, and she found the streety, which i told her sounded fab (they got everything for a little over £200!!), but i had no personal experience of, but then they let me play, and now i love it even more. much better sized carrycot than the loola has, vented for night sleeping too. great design for one handedness. car seat is actually lovely. bebeconfort is made by dorel who make maxicosi too (and quinny and others) so the streety car seat is very very very similar to the maxicosi...maybe very slightly lighter, had good safety ratings recently tho.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:19 pm

I wouldn't mind getting a different carseat, BUT I love mine it's this one http://www.babycarecentres.co.uk/maxi-c ... d6548.html I had a hell of a time getting hold of it!! And I have no need for 2 car seats, I just want the pushchair, so if you find it on it's own, let me know!!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:04 pm

I have to say, I didn't get on with the Loola, I loved the look of it (I had the limited edition red chassis) but the handles were way too short for me and waggled about too much. I sold it on very quickly.

Like others have said, they are not light. It does fold well, it took up less room in my boot than my maclaren because it was shorter and so I could push it right to the back of the boot, whereas the maclaren has to lie diagonally across it so takes up more room iyswim. But the maclaren is way lighter and easier to handle.

I replaced the Loola with the M&P Pliko Switch which I love.

The Streety looks good but I don't get on with the single handle as it clashes with using a buggyboard.

See pushchairs are like nappies - what suits one doesn't suit someone else!! :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:38 pm

:gaah: sold my quinny, kept the dazzle (just couldn't let it go) but now I need to decide if I need the streety, or the money more :giggle:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:59 pm

We have a loola and I hate it!!!!
The basket is impratical - u cant fit anything in it when it's in buggy mode. Carseat mode is great but when in buggy mode u need to take the buggy bit off the shasis and then fold down the shasis seperately - good job we have a decent boot in our golf!
On the whole I think it's wobbly and just doesn't feel sturdy enuff for my liking. Oh and we have the handles not the bar - yuck! HTH
Last edited by zippie-purple-monkey on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:03 pm

zippie-purple-monkey wrote:We have a loola and I hate it!!!!
The basket is inmratical - u cant fit anything in it when it's in buggy mode. Carseat mode is great but when in buggy mode u need to take the buggy bit off the shasis and then fold down the shasis seperately - good job we have a decent boot in our golf!
On the whole I think it's wobbly and just doesn't feel sturdy enuff for my liking. HTH

I could fold mine with the seat on in buggy mode :-? But I totally agree about the basket - one of the other reasons I got rid of it - couldn't even fit a loaf of bread in it!

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Annette wrote:
zippie-purple-monkey wrote:We have a loola and I hate it!!!!
The basket is inmratical - u cant fit anything in it when it's in buggy mode. Carseat mode is great but when in buggy mode u need to take the buggy bit off the shasis and then fold down the shasis seperately - good job we have a decent boot in our golf!
On the whole I think it's wobbly and just doesn't feel sturdy enuff for my liking. HTH

I could fold mine with the seat on in buggy mode :-? But I totally agree about the basket - one of the other reasons I got rid of it - couldn't even fit a loaf of bread in it!

Mine wont fold with the seat in, gets stuck!!! Also wont lock into place - so have to set it up and take it apart everytime we go out!!! Can't imagine doing that with a big bump!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Hmm I was thinking of selling my P&T and getting a Loola but don't think I'll bother now. :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Now I'm considering getting a bugaboo bee, someone help me .............

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things