hf1

Labour: I don't think it's going to happen :'-(

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Labour: I don't think it's going to happen :'-(

Postby smilinglou » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:40 am

I don't think I'm going to labour, lily was born by emergency section I was to be induced and before starting induction they put me on the monitor and her heart rate went flat line, next thing she was being taken out of me :-( it was weird and I had pains on an off for weeks with her, I was 42 plus two days when she was born

This time I've been getting real contractions since 36 weeks, I had a whole day of them last week and thought 'this is it, I feel them in my back and its like a band and like a hot sort of pressure type 'pain' unlike braxton, then it stops, I'm 40 weeks now and I just feel like I've lost faith in my body, I think something is wrong :-( my cervix was effacing and opening but now is closed, I've had a few shows and one was bloody but now all has stopped, my blood pressure has been slowly rising.
I'm paranoid that stress is stopping things but things aren't just going to change here and my anxiety levels are high anyway so my body needs to get over it and stop being a wimp

I'm just worried and losing trust in myself and I should stop but I can't help it in suppose its to be expected.
Thanks for listening

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Labour: I don't think it's going to happen :'-(

Postby littlesez » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 am

oh hun, this was me 3 weeks ago. Now look i have a beautiful baby here and everything has paled into insignificance (sp?)

I think i would just prepare for cs just in case if it were me but i thought Leon would never arrive but then he came really quickly once i got established. you have all my sympathy we are all here to listen xxx

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Thank you, I just don't know how il be if I end up with another section, its become a really big thing for me to have a normal birth and to know what labour is like :-/

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Hugs hun

i was having contraction from 34 weeks with ross and was in hospital for 3 weeks then i had him 3 weeks early as well but with Ryan i went to 43 + weeks as didn't want induction and was worried i would have to have induction as they were giving me to 44 weeks. in the end i went for a 4 mile walk and that worked for me.

just try to relax and see what happens

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 pm

I know it was important for me to push Leon out as with Izzy I had ventouse. Now all I have from that is I can say I did it. Oh and a 3rd degree tear lol. Wasn't worth it I'm going to have elcs if there is another time.

I do know what you mean though but who is to say what is normal? I know I wanted waterbirths with both as that to me seems natural but all births and babies and mums are different.

I really do sympathise this stage was horrible as soon as they arrive though life is good again be kind to yourself. Treats like chocolate and shopping got me through. Also on the Monday I said right that's it no more he will just come via induction. I relaxed and he was born the next day.

Have some nice long baths now too I haven't had one in 3 Weeks, lol. 2mins in the shower if I am lucky. e

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Hopefully you will get your natural birth but i had dd vaginally and ds elcs if i was to have another i would definitely choose another section. It was much calmer and i felt in control, i also have bonded much better with ds and healed faster too.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:22 pm

I read a birth story recently about a woman in labour who started to stress about giving birth and her contractions slowed down , she told herself to relax and stop stressing and things picked up again. Have you tried listening to any hypno birthing cd's to help relax you?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling pretty low and a bit abandoned by people in my life anyway (both professionals and family etc) and got a throat infection so just started penicillin :-/ so just feeling sorry for myself really lol, hormones just don't help lol
Thanks for listening

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 pm

>:D< It is horrid having an infection. I always feel like I can't cope with anything. I hope you can get some rest and I sure you will start feeling a bit better soon. As for labour, I am of absolutely no help what so ever. Both mine were induced and I would have gone over 42 weeks by miles if left be :hohoho: I am sure my body would have for on with it eventually. I have heard good things about reflexology (didn't work for me but has for others) xx

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception