hf1

Hypno-birthing CD or DVD?

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Hypno-birthing CD or DVD?

Postby clothsister » Mon May 05, 2014 6:52 am

Do you have to listen to the cd during labour? If I am completely honest (and I know it's bad to say) there is a part of me that would rather have an elective section. I am so frightened that labour will turn out the way or did before and keep having nightmares about it as well. It was horrific and I know most peoples labours aren't nice and maybe I am being a wuss so to speak but I am really scared! Hoping the cd will calm my nerves. X

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon May 05, 2014 7:24 am

You don't have to.
I did in early labour but found it annoying once things intensified so switched it off but kept using the techniques and visualisations myself as they applied to where I was at in terms of contractions IYSWIM?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 05, 2014 9:15 am

clothsister wrote:@sim are you sure that would be great. Consultant is leaning towards another section but would rather be prepared! X

@clothsister why is he leaning that way? If you need any info / reasons why you should try for a VBAC I'm your girl :wink:

clothsister wrote:I am so frightened that labour will turn out the way or did before and keep having nightmares about it as well. It was horrific and I know most peoples labours aren't nice and maybe I am being a wuss so to speak but I am really scared! Hoping the cd will calm my nerves. X

:hug: :hug: I'm sorry you are feeling so scared about it :hug: is there anyway you can get a debrief from a MW about what happened and what is likely to happen in this labour. You have to remember that every labour and birth is hugely different and 2nd births are much much easier than first ones :hug: I was concerned that I would have to be augmented again with Louis (labour stalled with ineffective contractions with Josh so they put up the synto') and hated the thought so did my research. I ended up having 3 sessions of acupuncture and went from 2.5 cm to having him in 40 minutes! We need to talk before you make any decisions!!

scarlet wrote:I used the natal hypno birthing cds and read the book , loved both and highly recommend them!!

Thanks @scarlet :widesmile: I may try to pick them up.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon May 05, 2014 11:49 am

My whole labour was on synto as waters broke with meconium (sorry about spelling) plus Chloe was back to back and brow presentation. The way she was positioned meant that she was trapping a nerve which meant that epidural didn't work. Was horrid horrid experience. After 19 hours and 2 hours of pushing ended up with an emergency c section. Was sort of debriefed in the sense that they discussed how the pain was worse than normal labour due to above issues. Just hated every minute of it. Consultant Leaning towards section because of SPD and also my fear of labour. Dunno I just have a lot to think about. Have the facts and asked a lot of opinions so we'll see.

The other part is that we don't have a support network so if I go into labour in the middle of the night we don't really have anyone for Chloe to go to. Would have to beg friends and as she's only ever had one night away from us it would add extra stress. X

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon May 05, 2014 5:09 pm

I had an horrific first labour ending in EMCS after 27 hours. Ewan was back to back and his head was tilted, most of it on synto (induction due to PE) and with an epidural which immobilised me. I was hooked up to drips and machines and antibiotics etc. Then the epidural failed on one side as I was being reassembled post section. I had PTSD as a result.
I was determined it would be different if at all possible second time round. The fact I avoided PE helped, but
the VBAC natal hypnotherapy helped me feel I could do it and helped me stay calm and centred and, importantly, upright and mobile. I went from ARM to delivery in 3 hours.
Lachlan's birth story is on here somewhere if you want to read it.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed May 07, 2014 5:20 am

Sounds pretty similar to Chloe. It's just hard when you hear so many people talk about the fact that, although it was painful, they describe birth as something magical. I don't feel that in the slightest. I remember waking up for weeks after in cold sweats because I was having a nightmare about being in labour. They had to use 2 spinal blocks on me because the epidural failed. And same as you I was strapped to te bed from the beginning. I kept making up that I needed the loo ( before epidural) just so that I could get up. Hopefully the cd will give me the strength to even try! X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 07, 2014 8:25 am

Lucy, it sounds to me much of the trauma that you are feeling relates to the really medicalised stuff that was going on. I know for me I had horrid flashbacks (not in a major way but a shudder way) about having the epidural go in :ill: , stop working 1/2 way through labour being unable to move, being augmented with synto' etc. All that stuff was taken away by having a natural, mobile labour and birth with Louis and it did become a magic, amazing thing :hug: .

Can you think about that a little and think through those things that are really stressing you? Even do a list and then look at it and say 'well the worst bit was (for example) the spinal / epidural' and then think what will happen this time if a/ you go for a ELCS and b/ you have a VBAC - that thing that is freaking you out is a certainty if you choose the ELCS and only a possibility if you choose the VBAC. If you go through all your concerns (and more than happy to help you work through each one) and compare what will happen with the two options you may find yourself in a clearer mind about making your decision :hug: @clothsister

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:05 pm

sim wrote:@clothmama @clothsister

It is from natalhypnotherapy.co.uk

Lucy, you are welcome to my copy FFP if you like?

Hi @sim. Is the offer of the hypno birthing cd still available? X

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 pm

How are you feeling about it all now hun x

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy and Conception