hf1

SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disfunction

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disfunction

Postby Jellybelly6 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:30 pm

I can't recommend highly enough seeing an oestopath. She was able to get me to a stage where I wasn't crying with pain and able to move quite far if I was sensible. I have also had a fair bit of physio to correct the damage since I had Joshua almost 4yrs ago and now only get the occasional flare up but during pregnancy it was the osteopath who helped the most by realigning my pelvis. Physio helped correct the imbalance in my muscles afterwards. Good luck with keeping going at work x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks @Jellybelly6 I have been to one here before and she was good so may try her rather than the chiropractor
clothsister wrote:Boxers over your jammies should have the same effect.

Not a great look though :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Chiropractor worked absolute wonders for me I only had four appointments and went from crying every day to manageable in two sessions by the fourth I was. Comfortable xxx

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:18 am

I don't really have much to add I'm afraid, just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Spd is really horrible, especially when it interrupts sleep. You can't have long till you go on mat leave now though?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 am

PixieFix wrote:I don't really have much to add I'm afraid, just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Spd is really horrible, especially when it interrupts sleep. You can't have long till you go on mat leave now though?

Thanks PixieFix, only 3.5 weeks, I finish up my last shift on the 26th, only 14 shifts to go :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I've had an OK day today as it was a quiet shift and after clinic yesterday it is so much more bearable.I'm also in clinic Friday so all in all a better week!!

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Just a stray though from me, can they have you working in clinic rather than on the floor for the remainder of your shifts? That would most likely be seen as a "reasonable adjustment" in the UK.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Jellybelly6 wrote:Just a stray though from me, can they have you working in clinic rather than on the floor for the remainder of your shifts? That would most likely be seen as a "reasonable adjustment" in the UK.

I've actually been thinking about this that i may have a look at the roster and see if I can swap to clinic with anyone over the next few weeks as even doing one a week makes a difference to the overall. The other issue is on the last fortnight I've asked to work every weekend day to get some extra penny's so they dont' have clinics on them!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Update for anyone interested and for others that suffer from SPD: My SPD continued to get worse and worse over the final weeks of my pregnancy, the last few weeks I was seeing a chiropracter twice a week which really helped I think I would have been totally a mess if I done this. The day I had him after they unhooked me from all my drips / catheter etc I was up and running about the ward and felt amazing after living under such chronic pain for so long. I dont' think I'd realised how debilitating and chronic it had become. I wish I'd seen the chiro before I did, perhaps when I first had trouble at 16 weeks pregnant.

Post pregnancy I saw the chiro about 6 times after I'd got over the ceasar, I think Rémy was about 6 weeks. She really helped and we were both seeing improvement. Had I not been moving overseas I would have continued to go to her but haven't been now for 2 months.

Last week, so about 4 months after birth, I had a real reversion to bad pain :evil: I had read and spoken to the chiro about the fact that I'd need to do all the self help things (keeping legs together, not lifting, not pushing trolleys etc) for up to 6 months until things settled. Stupidly I think I'd been feeling a bit better and over probably the week before I'd done quite a lot of lifting and pushed Rémy in one of those trolleys that you put the car seat on which actually feels hard and it just went on me :evil: while I was on holiday :( I'm back to pain at night in bed, rolling etc. I'll have to go and see a chiro again I think!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:38 pm

Hugs @clothmama I still have SPD pain 2.5 years on. Nothing seems to help it. Xx

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy and Conception