SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disfunction

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disfunction

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:27 am

:cry: :cry: starting to get me down, was great last week when I was off sick and just sat on the sofa for the week and my back pain was sooooooooo much better, I slept better at night and it was bearable. A couple of heavy shifts and Iḿ wondering if Iĺl be able to make it until my mat leave date :( I literally haven´t been able to do anything today, feels like such a waste of time :cry:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:12 am

Oh you poor thing. Can they make reasonable adjustments up help your work load? X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:18 am

clothsister wrote:Oh you poor thing. Can they make reasonable adjustments up help your work load? X

Everyone is doing what they can, I do have a clinic shift next week which should be much easier. If I´m on the ward they give me the rooms right by the nurses station so I don need to walk as far. I´ve even been naughty and parked in the 2 hour parking so that I dont' have so far to go :oops: It is just when we are flat out like last night, none of us had a meal break and we left 1/2 hour late that we all just have to pitch in.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:11 am

How horrible @clothmama I remember hobbling round the ward groaning and moaning. It's awful. Can you see a physio?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:22 am

Use a plastic bag to swivel legs together into bed or the car. Makes a big difference :hug: I had it-it sucks :hug: (I also heard silk sheets are good too so if you're feeling flush!) X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:30 am

ems101 wrote:How horrible @clothmama I remember hobbling round the ward groaning and moaning. It's awful. Can you see a physio?

I have had a long chat with a physio who gave me all the hints and tips, which to be honest have been working pretty well because I was about 16 weeks when it started, but she didn't say there was much she could do. I'm going to go and see a chiropractor or osteopath I think as Sim and Sara I think said they had really help and it will be cheaper to do that than stop work earlier or have to drop days!

Dora wrote:I also heard silk sheets are good too so if you're feeling flush! X

Already doing all the knees together swinging things. I dont' think I could deal with silk sheets I always think of them as being a bit sweaty and horrid - or is that satin I'm thinking of?? :giggle:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:39 am

:giggle: think thats satin :puke: Although whenever I wear silk it's def warmer so if you're up to the challenge use thinner night wear ;-) x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:36 am

Dora wrote::giggle: think thats satin :puke: Although whenever I wear silk it's def warmer so if you're up to the challenge use thinner night wear ;-) x

Slimey and sweaty :giggle: It is getting hotter here so I think I'll manage without, although I did consider if a pair of satin boxers over my PJs, I thought that may help with the rolling at night :lookround: :giggle:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:15 am

Boxers over your jammies should have the same effect.

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy and Conception