hf1

Raspberry leaf tea in pregnancy.

Did you use Raspberry leaf tea when pregnant?

Yes - I thought it helped my contractions and would use again
11%
Yes - I thought it did nothing and I wouldn't bother again
22%
No - I wanted to and never got around to it
33%
No - I don’t believe it does anything
No votes
Other
33%

Total votes : 9
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Raspberry leaf tea in pregnancy.

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:11 pm

clothsister wrote:You're meant to have 1 cup a day from 34weeks then moving up to 2 cups at 36 weeks or something like that. X

Up to 4 cups a day seems to be the recommended maximum.

clothsister wrote:Naomi used it with Daisy (had one mug and next day went into labour) have tried to explain that it doesn't actually encourage labour it just helps the contractions once in labour but she's having none of it.

I'd say that was co-incidence!

PixieFix wrote:I was wondering about this too, I've ended up being given about 3 boxes of the stuff from different friends but I'm a bit skeptical :giggle:

I'd use it if you have it anyway! I think anything to encourage good contractions is a good thing. With my last pregnancy I saw a homeopath and had a tincture made and had 3 sessions of acupuncture (I'd stalled at 5 cm due to poor contractions with Josh and ended up with Synto' running so wanted to do everything I could) I think that is why I hadn't bothered with the tea!

amba wrote:and believe that baby will make its entrance when its ready, unless for medical reasons baby has to make its entrance a different way.

Yep agree, but RLT isn't about bringing on labour, more about increasing the strength of your contractions to make birth easier :widesmile: although I know they won't let me go even a minute over so I need to try everything I can to make sure he makes an appearance before then!

ems101 wrote:Had it for all three. Don't know if it helped, it's impossible to really tell isn't it! My theory was it can't do any harm...
Exactly, I dont' know if my homeopathy and acupuncture actually worked but went from having 'ineffective contractions' with no. 1 to 45 minutes from 2cm dilated to birth with Louis :giggle:

cuppachaplz wrote:On another note, I think it is contraindicated after previous CS, is that right?

Yep I would say so @cuppachaplz . How big was he to get stuck like that? Are you trying for a VBAC or are you having a planned CS?

clarabel3 wrote:my 'other' vote is for the fact that I tried it but due to weird pregnancy taste buds actually couldn't stand the taste!

Oh dear @clarabel3 :giggle: :giggle: I hope that doesn't happen to me as it costs a fortune here!!

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:29 am

How big was he to get stuck like that? Are you trying for a VBAC or are you having a planned CS?

At 9lb2oz, he wasn't vast, however I was a little over 8 stone at 42 weeks pregnant, having put on 11lb. I am small and have (had??) no hips (or waist, or boobs, or bump for that matter) so for me he was huge. Happy to report that I am much more sensibly proportioned these days, however presumably skeleton still the same size...
I'm really trying for a VBAC as I had so many complications afterwards last time, that the last thing I want is another section. I had several repeat surgeries, so for me any kind of augmentation of labour is out (and also presumably RL tea), they will however start sweeps at 38 weeks.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:38 am

I'm so glad they are giving you a good chance at a VBAC that is great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: you get it!

cuppachaplz wrote:and also presumably RL tea
Yep I'd leave off to be safe!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:37 pm

So I've built up to 2 cups a day now and I do think I'm feeling some tightening which I don't think I did with the boys (although I'm probably more aware of what they are and how to palp' them now :giggle: ). Now I'm over 36 weeks I can go up to 4 cups so will keep adding 1/2 cup or so a day this week. :pregnant: :D

Previous

Return to Pregnancy and Conception