hf1

Up and Down again; feeling numb

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Up and Down again; feeling numb

Postby Charlootle » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:18 pm

How are you doing this week @cuppachaplz? I hope you've been well enough to book your jabs :)

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Prelim results show my baby has Down's

He does not have Edwards or pataus, so feeling thankful.

DS not associated with brain lesion, so an 'incidental finding' which also means still waiting on other results and prognostic indicators...

Whilst we always knew DS a possibility, I had expected to find out at birth, ie when we knew everything else ok (or otherwise) so struggling bit to process without the other results if that makes any sense?

To me DS not an issue at all, but actually can't think about it properly until I know what else is going on. Does that make me bad parent?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Of course it doesnt make you a bad parent, I dont know what to say but huge hugs and just want you to know im thinking of you xxx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Gosh, so much going on for you right now! Hope you get all the answers you need so you can start getting all ready for baby :)

:hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:02 am

@cuppachaplz how you going over the weekend? Have you had some time to process everything that is going on?

Thinking of you guys :hug:

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Thankyou @clothama

I've been busy this weekend, godson's birthday party, which wilst lovely, means that I ma beyond exhausted today.
DH has found excuses not to paint on either day... :rant:

Had a show, and lots more cramps overnight, and a lecture of MW about having been signed off and advised rest for a reason... :embarassed: :oops:
(otherwise I would have painted the damn nursery myself by now...)

I'm very up and down about how I feel about everything, though my concerns are mainly health related. I guess this is a reason for trying really hard to rest and keep baby cooking (feeding and lung issues are presumably exacerbated by early arrival?) :pregnant:
We have an appointment to discuss with the foetal medicine tomorrow. This seemed a little pointless to me until we know about the other issues, which may be considerably more serious, but DH is very keen.

I feel that if the only things which comes up is the Down's, then given the possibilities that were discussed, I feel blessed.
However, my concern is that the brain lesions are not explain by or associated with DS (I have trawled pubmed in the hope that they are and the neuro guy didn't know...), so still struggling to process atm.

DH threw men a curve ball on Friday, that one of us will have to give up work. I assume he means me, which is daft as I earn more...
I think he may be wrong on this score, but until we know what issues we are facing, no point in stressing.

On my positive days, my thoughts are that I am going to fall in love with my sewing machine all over again in a big way, as between cloth bum and Down's I will never get clothes to fit once baby is a little bigger... :sewing: :knit: :sew:

Thanks again for all the wonderful support from everyone :cnthug: :cnthug: :cnthug:

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:31 pm

I think I'd feel similarly in your position, having the question mark over something serious is very difficult - not that DS is not serious, of course. You seem well equipped to cope. Wishing you all the very best in the coming weeks xx

Previous

Return to Pregnancy and Conception