hf1

Hospital bag

My avatar
amba
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Hospital bag

Postby amba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:03 am

When did everyone start packing their hospital bag? I still have 8 weeks to go, but I was wondering if I'm packing too early? I'm only packing vests and baby grows for the baby, plus coat and hat, blankets, ect.
I'm hoping for a homebirth but just in case I need to/change my mind, I still need to pack for hospital

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Hospital bag

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:10 am

About 2 days after my due date! (all 4 of mine were born at least 8 days after my EDD) I had a homebirth so wasn't too worried about having a bag packed TBH!

My avatar
amba
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby amba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:18 am

I've never been organized with hospital bags if I'm honest, but the thought of xmas coming up and half term will be here before I know it, I'm starting to worry.
@Louise
How was your experience of a homebirth? I'm usually very good with labour pains, my husband doesn't want me to have a homebirth though, how did your husband feel?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:23 am

amba wrote:I've never been organized with hospital bags if I'm honest, but the thought of xmas coming up and half term will be here before I know it, I'm starting to worry.
@Louise
How was your experience of a homebirth? I'm usually very good with labour pains, my husband doesn't want me to have a homebirth though, how did your husband feel?

It was perfect! The midwives were great. My DH wouldn't agree to a homebirth with the first two. With our third we only just made it to the hospital in time as my labour was less than an hour from when I woke up in pain to when she arrived (its a really short drive away luckily!) so after that he agreed to a homebirth for number 4.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:27 am

I'd love a homebirth but not an option here :( I'm too high risk anyway I'd say!

In terms of the bag, I'm due in just over 2 weeks and all my bag has in it is a pair of trousers, a pair of PJ bottoms and some pads and breast pads :giggle: :oops: I really must get on! :whip:

My avatar
amba
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby amba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:56 am

@clothmama
I don't have padsor breast pads myself yet. I keep going to tesco and thinking i should buy them but I always think, "I have so many weeks left" :giggle:
@Louise
My husband has only just agreed on a pool birth!
He thinks homebirth will be "messy" :shock:

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:34 am

I pretty much had everything I needed by 8 weeks to go but I only packed a couple of weeks before.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:55 am

amba wrote:@clothmama
I don't have padsor breast pads myself yet. I keep going to tesco and thinking i should buy them but I always think, "I have so many weeks left" :giggle:
@Louise
My husband has only just agreed on a pool birth!
He thinks homebirth will be "messy" :shock:

Not really messy at all. We used an old shower curtain on the floor and that was it. My waters didn't break at all though, M was born with them intact. The midwives cleaned everything up anyway. Pads were the one thing I did have organised early on (wanted some in pretty colours so I had a rainbow of PP and breast pads like her nappies! :lol: )

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:20 am

With my first I packed and re packed the bag weekly from about 30 weeks. With my second I dunishedc packing whilst on the phone to Tory the morning of my-section! Although I had packed DD1's bag at about 35 weeks just in case. X

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception