hf1

Breathlessness?

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Breathlessness?

Postby ponygirl » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:54 pm

How did you get on @LynniferT ? I definetely noticed getting out of breath with stairs when my iron was low.

Hope you are feeling better

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Unfortunately midwife was not much help as she said because my iron levels at 8 weeks were good, that my iron couldnt possibly have dropped enough to make a difference. She thinks lethargy is due to being ill on the tuesday but if im still breathless and tired they will do my 28 wk bloods at my next appointment in 2 wks. :-?
She suggested eating plenty of iron rich foods.

Not sure whether to just start taking spatone sachets now? I stopped taking prenatal vits at 8/9 wks when morning sickness got so bad i couldn't swallow tablets without gagging (took tiny folic acid/vit d tablet though) so iron could have gradually decreased over last 11 weeks... Will have to wait and see i guess.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:32 pm

I'd nip to GP to be honest. The breathlessness maybe completely unrelated to the pregnancy and therefore not MW's area of expertise.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Definitely go for it with the spatone or equivilant. I think the pregnancy vits have more iron in them from memory so they might be better if the tablet swallowing has got better. I have the same problem and I think your iron can drop enough in that time to affect you. It has for me whilst pregnant.

Previous

Return to Pregnancy and Conception