hf1

Colds and coughs

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Colds and coughs

Postby LynniferT » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 am

Is there anything i can take for my yucky snotty cold? Its making me feel bleurgh :puke: as i keep coughing/having to clear my throat because of the excess mucus and its making me gag.

From previous experience the doctors can only prescribe steaming to loosen mucus but it doesnt work (or i'm doing it wrong) and i need something like sudafed to clear my poor sinuses but i cant take it while pregnant.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Colds and coughs

Postby ems101 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 am

Are you doing intense steam? Boiling water put a towel over your head and the bowl and inhale. A nice Spicy soup or curry, avoid too much dairy and orange juice they exacerbate.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Ahh i've been drinking orange juice in the morning for breakfast, might have to stop til cold goes (coughing is worse when i first wake up)

Went to the pharmacy this morning and they said go to docs as they cant recommend anything :(

So back to steam inhalation i guess.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:23 pm

I used olbas oil (although I'm not convinced if you are meant to!) x

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:20 pm

I have been putting olbas oil on my pillow every night which does help a bit with my nose but its the cough that is bugging me now....gotten worse today and i've gone all croaky :(

Going to have a nice steamy shower in the morning :shower: that should help and if not improved by monday, doctors, as i dont want to ruin xmas.

Return to Pregnancy and Conception