Overdueness

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Overdueness

Postby epsilon1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Novel situation for me!

Any words of wisdom? I think I'll be offerred a stretch and sweep if I get as far as my next appointment on Thursday, and apparently inductions happen if one goes ten days over, which is not appealing as a prospect.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Overdueness

Postby clothsister » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Walking, walking and more walking. There are loads of old wives tales sex, spicy food etc.... Nothing worked for me to be honest but walking always made me twinge x

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:08 pm

You don't have to have an induction, it's your choice. Second walking. Let gravity do its job!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:37 pm

you dont have to be induced. i wasn'tfor my oldest went to 43+5 and i walk so tryed nearly everything elas. if you do go over you get moniter every day (i did)
with Ross i was induced at 32 weeks and it wasn't as bad a i thought it would be.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:11 pm

@epsilon1 any news???? X

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:42 pm

@clothsister thanks for asking, but nothing happening yet.

I'd mind less if it weren't for heartburn, but I'm learning to manage that. Of course last time I was absolutely fine, and assumed I'd go miles overdue. They all come out in the end, I suppose.

Interesting wrinkle is that local maternity unit is being refurbished, with everything crammed onto the ward, so midwife led unit is an even better bet, and it's where we were before too. Hope this doesn't put a spanner in the works!

Return to Pregnancy and Conception