hf1

What should I expect after a sweep?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: What should I expect after a sweep?

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 pm

They haven't said much about the induction really, the consultant I saw was really keen to go as natural as possible as I had such a fast delivery last time and she said I was such a good candidate for the midwife unit she'd much rather see me there than the labour suit!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Get marching! Can you go out walking with hubs or someone?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:56 pm

hubs is at work and I don't want him using time off yet if we're in for the long haul and his family are insufferable :giggle: I can ask my mum and dad but I feel bad dragging them away from their unpacking (tho I'm sure they wouldn't mind at all) xx

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:10 pm

Is the midwife unit the same as thing as the birth centre where they encourage you to have a more active birth? I had my first in the birth centre and the twins and my little girl in the delivery suite as you can't use the birth centre for twins or after a previous c section at my hospital. I don't think I would have been able to use the birth centre this time anyway as my blood pressure kept dramatically rising and I was having major dizzy spells due to the pre eclampsia. I much preferred the birth centre though I will be forever resigned to the delivery suite if we decide to have another. They can usually break your waters between 2-3cm so you don't have far to go until you escape the pessaries. Fingers crossed you may even go into labour on your own. How many weeks are you now?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:31 pm

How exciting! Sounds like things are happening and the bouncer will get it going tomorrow :giggle: I'll reply properly in the morning (if needed :giggle: ).

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 am

:waiting:
Woke up to nothing except a worse headache! Had a bloody show tho so still moving forward I guess! I got very excited about the thought of waking up in the night in active labour but not to be just yet! We went the long way on the way home up lots of stairs, and after lunch we're going to talk to asda for some bits and bobs. 39 weeks today. Both boys arrived at 39 +1 so I think everyone (but me) is optermistic that she will he here tomorrow!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:33 am

A show is good though! Any last minute nesting need to happen?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:50 am

I pretty much did everything yesterday! Just doing some general bits and bobs, handing clothes up, did some ironing. Stuff needs to come out the attic but I think that's probably a bit dangerous for me! Maybe I can clean the cupboards out!

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Loosing your mucous plug sounds promising! After I had a sweep I gave nipple stimulation a go not expecting it to be anything but an old wives tale but it did bring on an hour of strong regular contractions and although they eventually stopped they got me an extra cm dilated so you could give that a go, you could even rope your other half in :giggle: failing that if she's showing no signs of making an appearance tomorrow you could have another sweep. It took 4 for me this time but I was only 37 weeks. The midwives thought I was nuts but my consultant said if I had to chose between induction and a c section I should choose the c section and I was desperate to avoid another c section.

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy and Conception