hf1

What should I expect after a sweep?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What should I expect after a sweep?

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:53 pm

So I have pre eclampsia. Consultant was wanting to induce me tomorrow but as I have been having twinges since Friday and I'm 3cm dialated she has agreed to let me wait till Friday. I had a sweep at 11:10 and definitely having contractions but they are all over the place, 30 minuets between 2 then another one 6 minuets later. Is this normal? Not painful particularly but definitely tight! Any tips on what I should do or am I best to get my feet up for the rest of the day and watch films with Blaine?

Stay tuned for more updates!!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: What should I expect after a sweep?

Postby ems101 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Get moving! No rest now, walk, pace, let gravity work to avoid that induction!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Get moving!
But remember third babies can be pickles, and this one has so far. Once they decide to come they can arrive quite quickly.
Have you got someone nearby or with you just in case?
Cxx I m so excited!!!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:58 pm

I second @@ems100 I wanted a natural birth but was strapped to a bed and ended up with a induction if I could have moved I think gravity would have worked. Good luck sending birthing vibes.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:10 pm

I have several people on the end of the phone so that's okay. I'm getting someone to pick Lochlan up as its a bit far with a toddler in tow when I'm uncomfortable but after this cuppy I'm going to do some bits of housework and have a wee run up and down the stairs! I'm so hoping to avoid another induction. Blaines wasn't bad but I really want a water birth!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Walk with one foot on the kerb and the other in the road if you can. Bounce on a birth ball!
Some people swear by essential oils too - clary sage I think?

With Lachlan I was 10 days over and 4cm dilated when the induced me with an ARM - he was born 3 hours later.

How exciting!!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:28 pm

I think going up and down the stairs in the hospital dis it for me! Assuming no news means things are moving!! Looking forward to a ba!

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:55 pm

I agree keep moving! I had pre eclampsia again with my 15 week old and was admitted to hospital for induction. I had a few sweeps over two days and spent pretty much all day bouncing around like a lunatic on a birthing ball and managed to get to 3cm which was enough for them to break my waters and as soon as my waters broke she dropped down and regular contractions started and she was born 4 hours later. There was no need for the drip. I was very grateful as I was very anti induction as I had a c section with my second twin and was worried about the scar rupturing so was thrilled to only need my waters broken so in my opinion keeping active was worth it. Have they said how they intend to induce you if you stick at 2cm?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Nothing much has happened as of yet, contractions are more of a pain now than just tight but still nothing to get excited about and have settled into a pattern of about every half an hour. My back is killing me however! Just sittingg in bed having a cup of tea then to the land of nod! Tomorrow I'm going to take Lochlan to school so that's a 40ish minuet round trip then get bouncy on the space hopper! Xxx

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception