hf1

Sarah!?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Sarah!?

Postby charlibunny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:52 pm

I know your very busy with your gorgeous little fella, but was just wondering how it went with your HB, did you use the cord tie's? Really interested in using them...

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Sarah!?

Postby LilMrsAverage » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:01 pm

.. i know from fb that she didn't use the ties as didn't get them out of the freezer in time, but she was talking to morag about putting the ties on and taking the cord off now x

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Oh right thanks :) I am gathering if you freeze them it keeps them sterile?

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:12 am

hi, i used cord ties that the kids made. We made them about 2 weeks before the birth and put them in clean plastic bag in the labour box. We didnt feel the need to sterilise the ties first. Mws were shocked but ok about using them. I think we put the clamp on first as a comprimise and when we were sure put the tie on and unclamped.

I must say tho, one of the reasons i wanted to use ties was i had read it helps the cord stump heal better/faster. I was surprised how long Abigails took to heal but we had no problems with it.

hTH. Can dig out a pic if it helps?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:07 pm

knees_on wrote:hi, i used cord ties that the kids made. We made them about 2 weeks before the birth and put them in clean plastic bag in the labour box. We didnt feel the need to sterilise the ties first. Mws were shocked but ok about using them. I think we put the clamp on first as a comprimise and when we were sure put the tie on and unclamped.

I must say tho, one of the reasons i wanted to use ties was i had read it helps the cord stump heal better/faster. I was surprised how long Abigails took to heal but we had no problems with it.

hTH. Can dig out a pic if it helps?

Would love to see a picture :)

Return to Pregnancy and Conception