hf1

Raspberry leaf tea?

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Raspberry leaf tea?

Postby clairelou88 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:58 pm

When did you start drinking it? my midwife reccomends not before 37weeks. some lady on another forum has been told its safe to drink from 20weeks! any ideas?
i remember drinking a cup aday for about week with Alister untill i got sick of the stuff :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Raspberry leaf tea?

Postby northernruth » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:04 pm

I was told it tones the uterus rather than induces contractions so I drank it from about 30 weeks.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:14 pm

northernruth wrote:I was told it tones the uterus rather than induces contractions so I drank it from about 30 weeks.

This but I took it from about 36 weeks.

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 pm

I have been told by numerous mws and herbalists that it is safe to take from the start of the thrid trimester (so 27 weeks) as long as you have no history of prem labour etc. Start with one cup (or tablet) and increase gradually. I took it from 27 weeks with Indiana and had her on her due date :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:38 pm

I was probably around 34 weeks or so. I was told not to take it before then iirc.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm fairly sure I took it from 34 weeks too and had one tablet per day, increased to 2 tabs at 35 and a bit weeks and then got some tea bags too and increased until I had 2 tabs and 2 teas per day.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:50 pm

I took it from about 36 weeks and I think it worked for me - my labour was only 2 hours long! I still have quite a few raspberry leaf tea bags left which I'm happy to send to you FFP if you'd like?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:52 pm

I'm pretty sure it did give me contractions :-? I was being kept up all night with painful Braxton Hicks (from about 36 weeks) until I made the connection that it happened on the days I had been drinking the tea... so I stopped drinking it. But then I did go into hospital to be induced at 38 weeks to find that I was already in labour, and gave birth 2 hours after they broke my waters :giggle:

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:57 pm

justme123 wrote:I'm pretty sure it did give me contractions :-? I was being kept up all night with painful Braxton Hicks (from about 36 weeks) until I made the connection that it happened on the days I had been drinking the tea... so I stopped drinking it. But then I did go into hospital to be induced at 38 weeks to find that I was already in labour, and gave birth 2 hours after they broke my waters :giggle:

Its meant to give you BH, but obviously not send you into labour :giggle: The way i had it described to me was that the uterus is a muscle like any other, the RLT increases BH and this is its "workout", to make it work more efficiently. You wouldn't go to the gym and expect to see a difference in just a few weeks, and its the same for your uterus. So it basically doesn't do its job as well the later you leave it iygwim.

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception