hf1

Midwife home visit

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Midwife home visit

Postby weefywoo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:50 am

I *think* I'm getting the go ahead for my home birth, the midwives want to do a home visit on Tuesday Is there anything I need to do or have prepared :panic: :panic:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Midwife home visit

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 am

Shouldn't be, my midwife did my visit during an appointment, and just checked access and parking and told me how it would work when I go in to labour :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:23 am

:yahoo: Yay! good luck. :D Pretty much what Lisa said. They go through with you the options you will have available for pain relief and reasons why you may need to transfer to hospital but that's about it.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:30 am

How exciting!

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:51 pm

I got into a panic about mine too but there was no need. All she wanted to do was check out access and parking. She didn't look at our bedroom - even though I'd cleaned it extra thoroughly in her honour!

We talked a bit about where in the house I'd like to labour and my pain relief options, and what would happen in the event of a hospital transfer etc.

Oh yes, and she reminded me to get in lots of bisciuits for the midwives to munch on! :giggle: 'Twas all very straightforward really.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:17 am

Good luck. I don't think you need to do anything. I didn't get a home visit, just the midwife who came to bring the home birth pack at just after 37 weeks and by then we had the pool up in the dining room with balls in it as Zach was using it as a ball pool :giggle:

Very Exciting :)

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:29 am

Ooooh :thumbsup:

Return to Pregnancy and Conception