Alva baby newborn snaps nappies

Postby penny8551 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:34 am

Manufacturer: Alva baby
Type of Nappy: Pocket
Fastener: Poppers
Material: PUL
Size: Newborn
Reliability: 9/10
Absorbency: 7/10 (9 with the bamboo booster)
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:

*Fabulous! Highly recommend

Detailed Comments: 

I absolutely love these nappies.
They are an absolute bargain for one, a fraction of the price of BG newborn and teenyfits
I added the newborn bamboo boosters to boost the absorbency. I've had no leaks or pooplosions. I've been using for a week starting at 5 days. My daughter was 7lb 3oz at this point and as you can see she has skinny legs, but still no leaks what's so ever.
They have rise poppers too so are a better fit and slightly longer lasting than other newborn nappies I've tried. Also because they can be adjusted they don't come too high, so no problem with the cord.
Like the other Alva baby nappies they have the hip and waist snaps so no wing droop.
I marked down on cuteness because so far they don't do any prints for girls. ( 2 available for boys) they are still adorable though.

They are really slim between the legs, so baby doesn't look like she's riding a horse!

Only problem would be the the pocket is obviously tiny or they wouldn't be so slim, meaning I have to stuff the nappies as hubbys hand would never get in there.

My avatar
MinesChick
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Alva baby newborn snaps nappies

Postby MinesChick » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 pm

How did you get Alva newborn diapers with the cross-over waist snaps and the hip snaps? I don't see those on their website - just the velcro version and the snap version that doesn't have the crossovers or hip snaps. Am I missing something? I plan on using Alva newborns and regular size for my son (due in three months, so I don't know how chunky or skinny he'll be) but I've read numerous reviews about the leg holes being an issue on the newborn diapers. If you could provide me a link to where you were able to purchase these, it would be extremely helpful.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:46 am

Hi @MinesChick welcome to the forum and congratulations on your upcoming baby! You must be due around the same time as me, early December? I'm going to tag the original poster for you as she may not see it.

@penny8551 :widesmile:

My avatar
MinesChick
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MinesChick » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks, @clothmama! I'm new to this board, so I wasn't sure how it worked!

And yep! I'm due December 5th! I can't believe it's coming so fast!!! :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:34 pm

MinesChick wrote:Thanks, @clothmama! I'm new to this board, so I wasn't sure how it worked!

And yep! I'm due December 5th! I can't believe it's coming so fast!!! :)

I'm due on the 4th! It will be a race tot the end then @MinesChick :giggle: you should pop over to the 'Welcome Newcomers' board and introduce yourself!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:30 am

Hi @MinesChick nice to meet you (so to speak) these nappies look great. Are you uk based as I have found the exact ones on line?

My avatar
MinesChick
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MinesChick » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi, @clothsister. No, I'm in the States. Where did you find them, though? I've been looking everywhere, and can only find the newborn Alvas with velcro or the snap pattern without the crossover and hip snaps.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:58 am

@penny8551 are these what you are looking for? Just spotted them in classifieds!

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=119986

My avatar
penny8551
Clothie
Clothie

Postby penny8551 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:25 am

Hi. Sorry. I didn't see any of this.

This is the site they were from. http://m.alvababy.com/#!1

The mobile site isn't good so if your using that switch to desktop view on your phone first.

They were good and I definitely choose them again over fitted nappies because they look nicer, are so much slimmer and easier.

Obviously being smLler/ slimmer they arent ss absorbant as fitteds. You do have to remember to change at every feed or they will leak.

Next

Return to Newborn Modern Cloth Nappy Reviews