Type of Nappy: Shaped 2 part
Fastener: Nippa
Material: Cotton
Size: 1

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 8/10 (used on a baby at the very bottom end of the weight range)
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
I first bought this nappy to try on Findlay when he was 5 weeks old. He is a long but very thin prem baby with a very low weight and so it is difficult to find nappies to fit him. I was not expecting to be impressed by this nappy as it only cost £4.99 but I am happy to admit that I was very wrong.

When folded down the Diddy Diaper was a good fit on him and fitted well around his very thin thighs and wasn’t too bulky. I could still fit all his normal clothes over the top of the nappy with no problems. On a ‘normal’ size baby this nappy would be very trim fitting. The nippa fastening gives excellent adjustability to the nappy and the arms are long meaning that I can see it fitting Findlay for a long time making it even better value for money. If you have a very well fitting wrap you don't even need a nippa as the wrap will hold it in place (which is what I succesfully did to start with as I forgot to order nippas when I ordered the nappy, oops)

I was so impatient to use it when it arrived that I used it without prewashing and it still had excellent absorbency. The other day my OH put an unboosted Diddy Diaper on Findlay before bed and whilst it was drenched and very heavy in the morning (after 9 hours) it hadn't leaked through his wool shorties onto the bed. It even contains his explosive EBM poos!! The excellent absorbency also makes it ideal for Daddies who can’t figure out boosters as it is absorbent enough on it’s own.

The nappy has now been washed and line dried many times and it is still beautifully soft against his skin.
It dries very quickly on the line and I have tumble dried it once due to poor weather and it dried very quickly and fluffed up nicely with no loss of shape. Being made of pure natural cotton it is excellent for sensitive skin like Findlay's.

It may not be the worlds cutest nappy as it is very plain, although I find it quite sweet, but it does what it is designed for and the nappy gets hidden under a wrap anyway!

Out of the fitted nappies I have tried so far this is by far the best fit, the most reliable and the one I always reach for first. The only improvement to it I would make would be a fleece inner (but it's no great hardship to put a fleece liner in) but other than that I cannot think of any way I would want it to be changed.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Natures Babies Diddy Diaper

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 pm

I love these nappies. I bought one (nippa version) just to try, and it is a perfect fit on my skinny girl. The lack of elastic on the legs means that it doesnt bunch up, keeping it nice and trim. I love the long tabs and even when at full crossover (i.e on smallest setting) it isnt bulky.

I have dyed mine with dylon and it has come out a beautiful blush pink!

I also have two with velcro, and these are as good as the nippa. I hope she fits into these for a long while.

My avatar
RuthPat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby RuthPat » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:37 pm

I used Diidy Diapers as my first try of cloth. I was really impressed. They never leaked not in the day or night. I used Motherease airflow wraps. Because they are low at the back I had to stop using them slightly earlier than other size 1's. Ours were aplix. They kept smells in and didn't leak. They did stain a bit with teh NB BF poo but it bleached out quickly and magically in the sunlight :)
Definately a fantastic buy. They aren't the cutest as theya re plain but they do look like proper cloth and many older people admired how much cloth had moved on :)
Worth having from birth to 6 monthish. We used Bambinex as well and although slower drying they are also super but better from 2 mopths to 7 /8 as they are slightly larger. Both these are super fitteds I'd look no further :idea:

My avatar
dunabwin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dunabwin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:19 am

We had the total opposite experience with ours :( it was a great fit from birth on our 8lb boy but it was saturated witin less than an hour every time, it still fits him (4 months 16lbs) but we can't use it. also we've no drier and it feels like cardboard. :shock:

My avatar
nappiesofnorthdevon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nappiesofnorthdevon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Manufacturer: Nature Babies
Nappy Name: Diddy Diaper

Reliability: 6/10
Absorbency: 4/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 8/10 (used on a baby at the very bottom end of the weight range)
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment: Good for non-heavy wetters :|

I have tried the whole Nature Babies range and found that they have much better nappies than this one. Ok I will list the pro's & con's as it may suit some better than others.

Pros
Fairly trim
Good fit
Cheap to buy
Choice of aplix or nippa close

Cons
Not very absorbent (my daughter would need changing about every two hours as it just becomes saturated)
Not as good containment of poo as legs do not have elastic

Best uses - a good day time nappy when baby is changed regulary & has fairly solid poos.
Good alternatives - Mother-ease One Size, Lollipop Bamboo, Nature Babies Bamboo Lovable :babyroll:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Manufacturer: Nature Babies
Nappy Name: Diddy Diaper

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 10/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Love 'Em!

Detailed Comments:
I bought these as 'extra' nappies, the ones to bulk up my newbon stash and to use when my pretties were all in the wash. When they arrived I thought meh, not that exciting, and popped them right at the very bottom of my nappy pile, with just the one going into my hospital bag as a 'back-up'. Well, my pretties didnt fit my 9lb 6oz daughter :shock: so I had to use the DiddyDiaper and dh brought the rest in for our hospital stay, and well, I changed my opinion completely :)

These have proved really reliable nappies - the adjustability of the waist with the nippa fastening means we get a greqt fit, and we have never had a leak - even with bf poo! The stay dry liner leaves my daughters little bottom nice and dry too :D Absorbancy wise, these have been grand - ideal for newborns, now at 5+ weeks we use them during the day and they last between feeds which is sufficient. They wouldnt be suitable for overnight use, nor for bigger babies really, but they have suited out needs perfectly :)

These arent fancy nappies, just plain, natural cotton terry, but they look seriously cute when they are on - as a fan of 'fancy' nappies, Im surprised how much I like them :D The terry cotton gives a pretty slim fitting nappy that dries really quickly - 24 hours on an airer, or fluff them up in the tumble dryer for an hour.

These were my least expensive nappies and definately excellent value, and there is a decent resale value too making them a really good buy. My only gripe is that I didnt buy more as I would have been happy with these as our main newborn/early days nappy.

Return to Newborn Modern Cloth Nappy Reviews