Cuteness: 7/10
Drying Speed: 2/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money:8/10

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

detailed comment:
Hello!
Im new to the world of reuseables so was really excited this week to recieve my first fluffy post to use with my son Oliver who is 7 weeks old. He weighs 9lb 2oz and I would say he is a heavy wetter for his age (we were getting through 5 disposables a day, each one very full).
So, after prewashing (have to say I was slightly dissapointed by how long these took to dry, I waited 2 days in the end before I was certain they were ready) I woke up very excited (ended up waking up Ollie early in my excitement, oops!) and put Ollie in his new nappy. I wasnt dissapointed!
Before taking the plunge and trying reuseables I had preconceived ideas about what reuseables were like. Like many, I assumed they would be bulky, dificult and take up hours of my time washing, drying and getting the next one ready and my biggest concern was they they just wouldnt be as absorbent as disposables, but I was pleasantly surprised. It took no extra time to put on to a very wriggly Ollie and 4 hours later it had contained all his wee without any hint of a leak. Its great that it still has a pocket so I can add boosters for overnight knowng it will stay in place and not move when Ollie wriggles and the aplix design meant it fitted snuggly with no gaps but what really impressed me was how slim they were when on. There was minimal bulkiness and I could still use my newborn clothes. If I were to change one thing, it would be the colours, I like bright and funky things so to me, they were slightly boring in colour (I ordered white, blue and green) but the general performance of the nappy outweighed this minor detail.
Im now eargerly awaiting a delivery of Itti Bitti's and am enjoying the new world of Cloth Nappys thanks to a good introduction from bumgenius!
Last edited by jop2010 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Bumgenius v4 all in one

Postby Shaunie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Yay :wine: . Pleased you're happy with your purchase. TBH, I don't find cloth nappies extra work really but guess I'm used to it now too. I use pocket nappies sp dry really quick but the bamboo inserts do take much longer :roll: .

It's a whole new exciting world this cloth nappy lark :oops: :giggle: and very much trial & error on what you like & what works for your LO. :D

My avatar
jop2010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jop2010 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:07 pm

I cant believe how excited I have been getting ovr nappies :hohoho: its great fun so far, and a brilliant exscuse for some serious shopping!! :wine:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Oh yes, an addiction it soon becomes! The anticipation of a nappy arriving is too much to handle some days :lol: . DH loves that I use cloth but ultimately referers to them all as sh!t catchers :roll:

My avatar
jop2010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jop2010 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:20 pm

lol, sounds quite like my dh, I didnt think he would be keen on cloth nappies but he actually really likes them even said Ollies looked cute yesterday! Im going to get a custom made nappy this week, during the nighht when I was feeding Ollie, I kept waking up thinking about it, have been so tired today as a result! :night:

Return to Newborn Modern Cloth Nappy Reviews