hf1

Scared of the potty

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Scared of the potty

Postby Caroline » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:32 am

tracedw wrote:Thanks ladies, i have a pink peppa pig chair type of potty coming so i hope this will work for him, a bit more comfy :wink:
We have 6 toilets in the house, 2 downstairs and 4 upstairs so i think i will try the potty route first , less complicated! :giggle:

:giggle: He wouldn't have to pee in the same toilet twice!

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:27 am

Rebekah was the same. She ended up PTing when she was 2yrs 9months & wore night nappies for another year after that. in the end I just figured she's do it when she was ready & left it to her. I left the potty around so she got used to it (she mostly used it as a hat :wink: )
Grace on the other hand has asked to PT :oops: & is doing really well but will NOT use the toilet. I forgot the potty when we went away last week & on the journey down she needed a wee. Tried her on the toilet but she wouldn't do it so we put a nappy on her til we could find a shop that sold potties. In the end, after holding it for 4hrs :shock: we got her a potty & she used it. I thought she'd gone into retention :giggle:

He will get there when he's ready. Maybe stop for now & try again in a few weeks? :hug:

My avatar
cara2244
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cara2244 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 pm

PInksalmon, my son is the same - refuses to sit on the toilet or the potty, despite me trying loads of different methods! He also asks for a nappy back on when he needs to wee.

I am beginning to think he will start school still in nappies :( I like the let him get on with it idea though!

Previous

Return to Potty Training