What now?

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

What now?

Postby ImisMummy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Cant believe I am actually having to post in here :cry:

Imogen has been showing she wants to potty train for about 6 months and today, after having potty sitting around for a year, she finally did a wee on the potty but got scared of the sound lol so jumped off and held the wee in for 10 minutes before weeing on the floor

We gave her lots of praise when she weed on the potty but now she wont go near it. I know she needs a wee as she is fiddling with her bum :hohoho:

What do I do now? How can I encorage her to wee oin potty again and that is what you are supposed to do rather thn her not liking the noise?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What now?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Poor thing! Lockie hates the smell so I can understand your frustration.

How about using the toilet with a seat, then the sound won't be as bad. Or maybe make up a tinkle tinkle song so she laughs through the wee and doesnt hear it. You may need to show her a few times while you're doing a wee that its ok. I had to get Daddy to show Lockie that poo's are ok, because he keeps holding it in because of the smell :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Put her on the loo, non of our like a potty. We have one of those seats that has the wee bum and the big bum seats joined, they are fabx

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I recomend the process polly potty book. Mine both love it. Just got dd2 to do a poo on the potty this week because princess polly does one lol!

I d say just keep having it out she ll get used to the noise , it's just odd the first time that's all.
Xx

Return to Potty Training