hf1

Potty training girls

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Potty training girls

Postby LynniferT » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 pm

DD has been in knickers for nearly a week now but has happily being using the potty/toilet for wees and poos since august.

She takes herself to the potty and pulls her knickers and tight/leggings up by herself but in doing this, she drip dries....should i encourage her to wipe? I know girls should wipe front to back to avoid infection etc but she wont be able to do this on her own.

I wipe her bum when she has a poo but i dont know if not wiping after a wee will make her a bit smelly down there :-?

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Potty training girls

Postby little1 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:26 pm

For wees I always let Keira try and wipe herself with moist toilet wipes first (so she feels independant), then i wipe her with tissue after to double check she is dry. I don't mind so much if she wipes just from the front for wees as she cant reach far enough back to spread bacteria from her bottom i don't think. for poos i wipe her completely myself with moist wipes and will teach her to do this properly herself once she is older.

I would worry if you just let your DD drip dry that her pants may get a bit smelly by the end of the day and you may get resistance to learning to wipe herself later on as she will probably think its easier not to bother iyswim.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:46 pm

We have a few wipes next to each potty and let her dry herself after a wee. I don't think it would be very nice or comfortable to have drips in her pants TBH, don't think I'd like it anyway. She was mainly in fleece lined pockets so never would've felt very wet apart from in a night nappy.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Better start getting her to wipe then! I'll pop the botty wipes and some loo roll next to potty and remind her each time.

I must admit i dont like to drip dry but it really doesnt seem to bother her at all :-?

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 pm

For wees, we've always encouraged DD to pat herself dry with loo paper. For poos, I wipe her bum with a moist wipe to make sure she's really clean. She's quite fastidious about drying herself properly as (understandably!) she doesn't like to feel wet.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 pm

we 'pat' dry too ;)

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict