J is 22 months now and looking keen

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

J is 22 months now and looking keen

Postby Bessandra » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi
Jonah is 22 months, nearly 23 and he's always had quite a bit of nappy free time at home. Our potty has been around and about for 6 months or so now so quite familiar. Jonah started weeing on it on Wednesday - this has continued on and off until today! I've put nappies back on for poo and for going out. I guess I'm just not sure if he's really ready? I don't know how to take it from here. Just need some help/advice/tips etc..

Many thanks

Rachel x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: J is 22 months now and looking keen

Postby Shaunie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 am

With my Jonah I decided to try him but there were lots if accidents so back to nappies for a few weeks when I tried again with success.

With Isaac it was different. The potty had been out for a while & he just started weeing in it during nappy off time so I took this as a sign he was ready. He occasionally took himself upstairs for a wee too! He was older than your ds though.

I would continue as you are. I put nappies on my boys for outings and naps in the early days and gradually reduced as he progressed.

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Bessandra » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks Shaunie
Really appreciate your help. I shall just carry on as I am then! Today has been accidents aplenty, with one potty wee before nappy on for afternoon sleep.
Wonder if I should buy some pants for him? He's currently just half naked as we are at home today but maybe pants would be a good step?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I did the naked phase and think it was the worst mistake ever. I honestly think they have to get used to wearing and taking off undies and clothes to get to the potty. Its part of the process I think.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 pm

I always put them in pants but by the end of the day they were always naked! That's boys though :roll: :lol:

I doubt it makes much difference if they wear pants or not, it was just personal choice for me. It was easier in the summer though. I didn't bother with trousers though to make it easier.

I keep an eye on the frequency of accidents and if there are more accidents than dry days then I revert to nappies and try again even just a few weeks later like I did with Jonah. x

Return to Potty Training