I'm not rushing . But ;)

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

I'm not rushing . But ;)

Postby donna4 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Hello everyone :)
My youngest is 3 in June he has what the consultant calls toddler diareaha he's been like it since birth but it's caused no problems it was always blamed on me breast feeding until ds self weaned at 19 months but it's never changed, so iv got him a potty and fun book about potties but never really spent moRe than a few days encouraging him to train as when he poos as you an imagine it's not much fun cleaning it up :-/
I know every child's completely different but what's the latest your children were dry in the day time?
Thankyou xxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: I'm not rushing . But ;)

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:57 am

:wave: :wave: Hi Donna, nice to see you back!

Louis trained in the day at about 3.5 (we started at about 3 but took a while to get it totally!), we didn't have any toddler diarrhea though. :hug: :hug:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:26 am

Eleanor has only just potty trained in the day at 3.

She could have done it earlier but she showed no interest and was refusing to try - so we didn't push her.
Having left her until she was ready - she did it quickly and smoothly once she was ready.

She doesn't strictly have toddler diarrhoea - but she does still have soft runny poo.
But she only poos once a day.

It did mean having dirty pants for a week - as she 'got' wee's much faster than poos - but it did come eventually.
She does occasionally have an accident

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:30 am

Jen was almost 3 when she trained. It was like she suddenly got it. Was dry within a week or two and at night a couple of weeks after that. Its so worth waiting til tgey are ready!!

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Thankyou everyone I wasn't going to try with him till the summer holidays then he will be 3 yrs and 2 months. Fingers crossed and hopefully he will as the consultant put it "grow out of this toddler diareha thanku I again for taking time to read and reply :)
Clothmamma hello and thankyou Iv missed popping on :) xxx

Return to Potty Training