hf1

Coincidence?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Coincidence?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:15 pm

Lola's been becoming progressively more and more dry between changes, she's just had a bath, and I came into the lounge room and she's squatting on a muslin blankie and done a wee! obviously I'm not holding my breath, but maybe she's starting?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Coincidence?

Postby ems101 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Sounds like it doesnt it?! Why not introduce a potty and a bit of nappy free time, perhaps when you have good weather and a couple of slow days...

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:04 pm

ems101 wrote:Sounds like it doesnt it?! Why not introduce a potty and a bit of nappy free time, perhaps when you have good weather and a couple of slow days...

A slow day around here... you must be joking :giggle: I'm just so nervous to even try to start with her after all Riley's issues

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:20 am

Wow it is early but some kids are ready early - I agree get a potty out, tell her she can use it, don't make a big deal of it and if she isn't forget it for now!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:11 pm

clothmama wrote:Wow it is early but some kids are ready early - I agree get a potty out, tell her she can use it, don't make a big deal of it and if she isn't forget it for now!

I'm definitely not rushing to do anything! but she does like sitting on the loo just before bathtime.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:34 pm

I wouldnt bother with a potty just ask her if she wants to use the toilet, bet she will suprise you

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:59 pm

littlesez wrote:I wouldnt bother with a potty just ask her if she wants to use the toilet, bet she will suprise you

That's what I'm thinking, no wary I'm doing all that poop in a potty if I can help it. Yuk

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:05 pm

It can be! My Dd1 was 1y6m when she tried to use an empty bowl as a potty :giggle: . We did start EC with here (that's where the bowl had been used for :lol: )when she was 6m but she had been to bussy learning new things for some time.
She actually learned using a potty at 1y6m but beeing able to pull down pants took here about 6m. She has been nappy free for as much as possible and would use a potty when needed, but not if she was wearing pants. At home we would dress here in a long shirt with legwarmers.
Good luck she might surprise you :thumbsup: .

Return to Potty Training