hf1

Potty training!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Potty training!

Postby g murphy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:33 am

So Naimh has decided that at 20 months old she is ready to potty train. I bought a potty so that she gets used to seeing it around, since then she has decided that she will use that or the toilet. we have had nights dry too and she will get up and ask for a wee on a morning. she will even stop playing to ask for a wee. :shock: I am so not ready for this! I am used to Harry who didn't potty train till he was nearly 4!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Potty training!

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:44 am

I understand that girls are often earlier! Good on her :wine: I hope it is stress free for both of you :hug:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:56 am

she is doing really well when we can be at home and she can run round bare bummed. she will just take herself to sit on the potty, the problem comes when she has knickers on, i think that she thinks they are a nappy. she will ask when we are out too. x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Lola did this around 19 months or so. I think she just wanted to be like her big sister!

One thing that helped me was I had a 'if it works it works' attitude and haven't ever stressed about it. Even with accidents I have the 'oh well she's only just two" kind of thoughts rather than the "OMG she should know better" kind. Its really stress free!

Good on Niamh .... no more fluff though :shock:

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Sounds like she is doing well.

Return to Potty Training