Lifting at night?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Lifting at night?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:47 am

This will be brief cos I'm not wearing my glasses

Lola refuses to wear a nappy at night she's probably dry fifty percent if the time

I just don't know whether to go down the lifting at night route? Doors it work?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Lifting at night?

Postby littlesez » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:01 am

I think we did a small phase of this just yo get her into habit of getting up for a wee, izzy cottoned in quickly and just started going herself. We had a mattress protector for accidents

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:22 am

I think I did try it for a while with Louis as he was so late with his night training it did make some difference but his worst time was just before he would wake up. It possibly helped him get up himself a little bit (but as a uber heavy sleeper it wasn't a great success!) I think it is worth a try, it could really help!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:06 am

We did this with my niece and it worked well (although kept a mattress protector on the bed for when she had the odd accident). We carried on doing it for quite a long time so certainly wasn't a quick fix but was easy to keep going as just carried her to loo before last person went to bed and she automatically did her wee when you sat her on toilet and woke an absolutely minimal amount and fell fast asleep straight away... I'd say give it a go :wink:

Return to Potty Training