hf1

Boys - Update

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Boys - Update

Postby ems101 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:55 am

James will be 3 in june, and loves to sit on the loo and wants to wear pants but every time we put him in pants he has accidents. He doesn't seem to be able to hold it at all. He has regular little wees iyswim!

Shall I just hang on or does Anyone have any tips?

Edited: I finally snapped with nappies , so ordered some digger pants and a potty book (with stickers) and by Jove he's potty trained! We had quite a few accidents at first but 4days in I think we've cracked it!
Last edited by ems101 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Boys

Postby confusinglady » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:43 am

Not sure! Is it worth waiting ( for your sanity) till the weather is a bit warmer ? although might be easier when Jen is at school so he's got more attention.
Could he be having regular wees because he can? Maybe you have to go through him wetting for a week before it sinks in?
I don t know I dread potty training. Mine will still leave it too long and have a miss occasionally at the age of 7 and nearly 5! I was hoping Bob would be better!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:01 am

Isaac is very similar and 3 in May. Although he likes the idea of wearing pants, he wets them seemingly as if he has no idea he needs a wee. This is a bit odd as at bedtime he can use the potty for wees.

I think we are just going to leave it for a bit longer and then have a week at home with him nappyless to see if that helps.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:02 am

Ed was like this. He's just started telling me he needs a wee. We've done part time potty training as sometimes he's too tired to focus on it etc. He knows the difference between nappy and bare Bum and is now transferring the bare bum behaviour to when he's wearing a nappy. The gaps between wearing nappies have got longer and longer. We're still a way off though.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:04 am

Aiden was over three when he trained and even then was hard work, I would definitely not push it and see how it goes, following his lead or just wait for warmer weather.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Lochlan didn't train till a week before his 3rd birthday, he just got it. Altho he still has accidents occasionally because he's too busy playing!

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am

Speaking in my capacity as a nanny, not as a mother, boys find potty training more difficult (in general) and i've heard its harder for them to feel when they need to go. But obviously they do get there eventually, it just requires a bit of persistence. Sorry I've no practical tips!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:50 am

Thanks all. Will try in the Easter hols and then in the summer if no go. Jen was almost three when she trained but she wasn't really interested in it before then!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:36 pm

I have the opposite Leon loves being naked and knows exactly when he needs to go , goes quiet and looks down. So I sometimes grab something and put it in front of him. He hates the potty though :/ he Iz always very proud after he has peed on the floor :roll:

Sorry no help , if he is asked for pants I would go with that x then just nappies for out and about and nights x

Next

Return to Potty Training