hf1

Taking a step backwards!

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Taking a step backwards!

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:54 am

DD has been dry from sunday to weds, even waking to go to the toilet, but since thursday it's like she cant be bothered. She tells me she needs a wee, then immediately wets herself, and doesnt say anything about poo's, she just does it in her pants. She knows how to do this, so any ideas why she's regressed? When she has an accident I've never shouted, only told her not to worry, so she cant be worried.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Taking a step backwards!

Postby tanya » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:01 am

It happens. Bella did it too for a few days and I just told her each time it happened that she needed to get whatever she was doing in her potty rather than her knickers and then cleaned her up, changed her knickers and left her to get on with whatever she was doing. After a few days she got fed up of being wet/dirty and started using the potty again. We haven't had any accidents since.

Just keep reinforcing what should be done and she should go back to doing it soon.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:00 am

Yes nathan did it too for about a week or so.I was actually about to throw the towel in then he woke up the next day and has been dry since!
I used to just say that it didn't matter and would remind him where wees go.
It seems to be the normal thing to have a regression, hopefully she'll be over it soon xx

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks ladies, good to know it's normal i suppose. i tell her it doesnt matter and not to worry, just remind her about the potty. she's just pee'd on me & laughed, to which i didnt react, so is in a nappy. Cant have her doing this to other ppl when we're out today lol. I know she can do this, will try again once festivities are over. SUch a shame, i was so glad to have less nappies to wash! Oh well.

Return to Potty Training