hf1

What to do?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

What to do?

Postby twinkletot » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 am

Ds has not worn a nappy for bed for almost a week. He's done really well from the off and it has confirmed what I though he was doing. He is dry all night and then has a wee in the morning between 5.30 and 6.30 am. I'm really proud of him.
He hasn't got to the potty or toilet for this wee yet though so has wet his bed and is soaked himself. He has managed to stop it and get to the potty twice but yesterday and this morning he has been really upset at being wet :-( I hate seeing him so sad about it.
The thing is he is flatly refusing to wear a nappy anymore. He wavered the other day and took almost 1/2hour to decide but he chose pants in the end. What would you do? I was thinking maybe get some training pants for night time so he isn't as dreanched so he doesn't get as upset. Is this a waste of time? Does it defeat the object? Dp refuses to get anything disposable :-)

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What to do?

Postby ladybird » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:48 am

I wouldn't bother with training pants. They will only hold a dribble, not a whole night's worth of wee so you won't save a drenching.
I would stick with it for a little longer, but be prepared to put him back in nappies at night if need be. Ds2 managed to be dry for the best part of a month with the odd night time accident, before he started wetting every night and went back in nappies - for several more years. He finally became fully dry at night at 7.

ETA we used brollysheets or WeeNotions mattress protectors.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:25 am

Sounds like Austin. He chooses to go to bed in a nappy but wakes for a wee around 6.30 and then goes back to sleep, sometimes he gets out of bed others he doesnt so I just ask or wait for him to ask for his nappy. I just figure when he' really ready and confident he wont ask.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:32 pm

I would carry on as you are and see how if goes over the next few days. As already said training pants only hold a dribble to not worth it IMO. When Isaac refuses a nappy for a nap and wets he also gets so upset but is quickly over it.

FC he manages to improve over the next few days :hug:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks ladies, I'll carry on this week and see how he goes then. Hopefully he'll just click and start going in the potty or toilet. Bless him he's so tired from being woken early and being wet! He's ever so determind about the pants though so i'm hoping there will be no need to put him back in a nappy. Think i'll have a fight on my hands :giggle:

Thanks Shadow i'll check those out it'll help the washing situation!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:08 am

Could you put a nappy on once he is asleep? I do this with Ryan as he doesn't like wearing one so when I go up to bed I put one on him. Otherwise he wets the bed in the very early hours of the morning.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:59 am

Louise wrote:Could you put a nappy on once he is asleep? I do this with Ryan as he doesn't like wearing one so when I go up to bed I put one on him. Otherwise he wets the bed in the very early hours of the morning.

I did this with Louis too from about 3.5 to 4.5 years. We are now 5.5 yo and still getting wet beds 2-3 times a week :roll: . I am lucky that I live in Queensland so drying not an issue but getting so fed up with the extra washing. When Rox linked to mattress protector things I decided to be brave and chopped my full mattress protector in half and then sewed 1/2 sheet to the top of both halves. First morning he has wet and so pleased to only be washing 1/2 sheet not a full one plus a full mattress protector :wine:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:27 am

clothmama wrote:
Louise wrote:Could you put a nappy on once he is asleep? I do this with Ryan as he doesn't like wearing one so when I go up to bed I put one on him. Otherwise he wets the bed in the very early hours of the morning.

I did this with Louis too from about 3.5 to 4.5 years. We are now 5.5 yo and still getting wet beds 2-3 times a week :roll: . I am lucky that I live in Queensland so drying not an issue but getting so fed up with the extra washing. When Rox linked to mattress protector things I decided to be brave and chopped my full mattress protector in half and then sewed 1/2 sheet to the top of both halves. First morning he has wet and so pleased to only be washing 1/2 sheet not a full one plus a full mattress protector :wine:

I could try, it's worth a go for definate thanks!
I might have to have a go at chopping the stuff in half too that would be so much better for the washing :D

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:50 am

I am so proud of my little person...............he was dry this morning and had got to the potty :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Return to Potty Training