hf1

Can it really be that easy?

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Can it really be that easy?

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:21 am

Tyler is 3 on new years eve so I finally decided to get my act together and have a go at potty training him (something that I have been ignoring for the past 6 months or so). Yesterday morning I left a nappy on him until he had done a poo (about 9am) and then left him bare bummed without one for the rest of the day - I just told him he needed to do his wees on the potty if he needed one and left him to it with 2 potties in the lounge. He got really stressed if I kept reminding him so I didn't bother in the end and he only had one tiny accident all day but even with that he managed to get to the potty to finish :wine:

This morning I took his night nappy off and told him that the potties were there if he needed a wee or poo and so far all wees and a poo have been on the potty with no prompting at all :wine: We are staying in all day tomorrow and Friday so I think I will try him with pants tomorrow and pants and trousers Friday as we are going to a local con club with friends for a few hours Christmas Eve so obviously he will need to be dressed but so far I am so pround of him and really don't know what I have been stressing about for so long :giggle:

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Can it really be that easy?

Postby sportyminx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:35 am

Awww HOORAY! I am so so pleased for you and clever little Tyler - give him a big :yahoo: from Naomi :hug:

Honestly though, the same happened with Naomi didn't it - of course there were accidents but they were so very few and far between - I couldn't believe it either!

Yay :widesmile:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:34 pm

My boys didn't like it when I kept prompting them too. With Isaac I'd walk by the potty and notice there was wee in there - he would just go! All in all things were good but as expected we did did have our days of an accident or two.

Yay for Tyler :yahoo:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes, it really can be easy if you wait until they are ready :wink: I just think when it clicks they never look back.

Go Tyler :wine: :wine: :wine:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Well done tyler :0) YES it can be that easy lol! Alister PT all on his own really, felt like a breeze compared to some ppls experiences, i think its only easy when they are 100% ready to do it themselves!
Alister hates me asking him if he needs a wee when were out he gets super stroppy lol!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Scotia wrote:Yes, it really can be easy if you wait until they are ready :wink: I just think when it clicks they never look back.

Go Tyler :wine: :wine: :wine:

Totally agree. We tried with both boys and failed. Left ot a while, tried again and voila - they did it beautifully :D

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:56 pm

:wine: Still no accidents. I think it has just clicked - every couple of hours he is just announcing that it is time for a wee and then goes and does it! I'm sure there will be accidents but it has definitely been a very different experience to what I have witnessed with a few friends!

clairelou88 wrote:Alister hates me asking him if he needs a wee when were out he gets super stroppy lol!

When I dared to ask/remind him a couple of times yesterday he screamed 'I don't need a wee' at the top of his voice so I stopped bothering :giggle:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:50 pm

I think when we try again, I'm not going to remind DS as he got stroppy too.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:03 pm

India decided to train herself at 2yrs and it was just the right time. :thumbsup: Well done Tyler.

Next

Return to Potty Training