hf1

Thinking of giving up :(

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Thinking of giving up :(

Postby Gladys » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:27 am

I have had to resort to sposies at times, my son is a heavy wetter. I found that putting a wool or fleece soaker over the sposies helps.

My avatar
angelicfruitcake
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelicfruitcake » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks, I may do that actually, means I can hold on to some lovely woolies anyway! :D

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ellemonkey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:38 pm

My lo is a serious serious heavy wetter and the only thing I have found is to double wrap his bum, starting off with either a small sandies (on biggest setting) or flexitots, in that nappy i put a hourglass insert from a itti, topped with fleece liner then over that i put a MEOS, then wrap in a totsbots fleece wrap or airflow.

I have tried everything in my stash and this is the best combo for us.

I've never heard of anyone double wrapping a bum before but so far he's not had any heat rash/nappy rash.

Single nappies just didnt cut it here.

Hope this helps.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Dont feel bad. We gave up on night nappies for a while as DD kept waking up soaking so we have been using sposies at night for a while. Only just now am I starting to try night nappies on her to see if things are any better (plus I think she will PT in the day soon so night nappies will be my only girly fluff fix :giggle: ). The fleece or wool soaker over a sposie is a good idea if nothing else is working.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:48 pm

ellemonkey wrote:My lo is a serious serious heavy wetter and the only thing I have found is to double wrap his bum, starting off with either a small sandies (on biggest setting) or flexitots, in that nappy i put a hourglass insert from a itti, topped with fleece liner then over that i put a MEOS, then wrap in a totsbots fleece wrap or airflow.

I've never heard of anyone double wrapping a bum before but so far he's not had any heat rash/nappy rash.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like you need to try a dedicated night nappy. Sandies and flexitots wouldn't last an hour on my little girl.

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Noone mentions them so much now but my DS was a phenomenally heavy wetter. I used to use 2 types of WAHM pocket nappy at night -one being Minki and the other no longer made and they used to cope in conjunction with a really heavyweight Jam Tots hemp insert with microfibre cloth. And hes slept well as his skin was totally dry and the nappy wasnt too enormous.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:49 pm

monsterm wrote:
ellemonkey wrote:My lo is a serious serious heavy wetter and the only thing I have found is to double wrap his bum, starting off with either a small sandies (on biggest setting) or flexitots, in that nappy i put a hourglass insert from a itti, topped with fleece liner then over that i put a MEOS, then wrap in a totsbots fleece wrap or airflow.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like you need to try a dedicated night nappy. Sandies and flexitots wouldn't last an hour on my little girl.

WSS. Neither Sandys nor Flexitots are particularly good for heavy wetters - a proper night nappy is probably the same amount (if not more) of absorbency as both of those together.

It also might be worth just sticking to fleece or wool at night. I used to use Airflows but they just didn't cut it at night.

My avatar
Samm1985
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Samm1985 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:43 am

When Xavier was mega wetting we used the nn's you have with a nappies by minki pocket as a wrap with eco earth night inserts. Luckily he seems to have slowed a bit and we can use fleece again. Good luck hun. If you've found a sposie that works then so be it :) x x

Previous

Return to Night Nappies