hf1

Nappy advice

My avatar
fluffylove
Clothie
Clothie

Nappy advice

Postby fluffylove » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:29 am

Hi guys i'm new to all this and was looking for a little help, only been doing cloth for 3 weeks now. I have become a very lucky mum and at the age of 8 weeks my little one has decided to sleep 8 hours at night (bliss :yahoo: ). However this has presented a slight problem in that the nappies we were using, LL Bamboo, that held up when she was waking once and being changed, are no longer absorbent enough and are leaking. I think my little one is a fairly heavy wetter, although she is my first so i have nothing to gauge this against. So what i'm after is night nappy recommendations please, i just dont even know where to start. Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Nappy advice

Postby Louise » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:36 am

I've moved this from General Chat as we have a dedicated night nappy section. I used newborn Little Gumnut All Hours nappies when DD was tiny. We also use wool as it helps some of the liquid to evaporate meaning the nappies aren't as wet in the morning. Have you tried boosting the LLs at all? If not I'd try that first before buying anything new.

My avatar
twoboys
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twoboys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 am

Both my boys are/were (DS1 is out of nappires now) very heavy wetters and fed a lot during the night. I don't like changing in the middle of the night as it takes too long to get them back to sleep after, so they were in their nappies for at least 12 hours.

DS1 did well with an Ella's house bumhugger and 2 folded muslins (folded to 8-thick - IYSWIM). DS2 is very chunky, so he's nearly outgrown the bumhuggers at just 6 months (DS1 was wearing them at 3.5 years!), so I'm using Tots boys Bamboozle stretch or fluffles on him, plus 2 muslins and a large motherease airflow wrap (good wraps are essential) I've also been recommended Easy peasy bumbles, which I've ordered and they are in the post.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:47 am

I'd try boosting and wool too.

Also, my dd went through a phase of sleeping at night when she was 11 weeks old. It lasted a week! I hope yours is a permanent thing :D but just in case, try the boosting first.

My avatar
fluffylove
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffylove » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:02 am

ah thank i thought there might be a certain board but couldnt find it. Was probably being a little special.

Ahh dont say that, she's been sleeping through for a week now fingers crossed it stays that way :D. Maybe i will try boosting the ll and see if that helps first!!! Hopefully because the poor thing has been so wet in the morning!!

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:32 am

try boosting - if it works it's the cheapest & easiest way to sort your problem.

Congrats on the sleeping thru - sounds like just what you need :)

Return to Night Nappies