hf1

Is this a heavy wetter?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Is this a heavy wetter?

Postby Rufies mama » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 am

Hi, I'm using cloth during the day for my baby, 8 months old. For night we've been using 'Eco' disposables (and burning them on the wood burner) since she was a few weeks old.
I really want to put her back in cloth at night now (probably fitteds and wool) but only if she's not going to be sopping in the morning...
I weighed a dry disposable and her used night nappy this morning and she'd done wee of:
224 ml or 7.9 fl oz.
Is this heavy wetting?
Any ideas on an appropriate nappy? I have available; tots bots stretchies, little gumnut large, and a medium night regular wetter luscious little something's... Plus lots of little lamb boosters and some microfibre and some zorb II. I also have pockets and easy fits.
Thanks for any replies. X
Last edited by Rufies mama on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Is this a heavy wetter?

Postby sim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 am

I never measured Ewan's night time wee as such, but he was quite a heavy wetter. We found that standard minkis stuffed with 2 hemp and petit dessous inserts managed over night. We also used LLS with an extra hemp booster (or two) worked well for us. LLS now do a super wetter nappy and I think Little Gumnut will customise absorbency if you know how much wee they do.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 am

Not idea of the quantities but if a disposable can last the whole night im sure a fitted plus wool can too especially if you use the boosters. Little gumnut and little luscious somethings are great but sounds like the gumnut will be too big for now if you have a size large? Depends on your lo. I'd just use the lls and boost with all you've got thats practical and go from there. It'll last the night for you and you can assess what layers need to be there x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 pm

i would say that if a eco disposable will last the night then he's not a heavy wetter. Lola needs to have a fleece wrap over a disposable when she wears them.

But I would do as the pp said, go overboard for the first few times and then slowly take off extra layers. I have to say though that I am totally impressed with weenotions night nappies again, she wakes up with a completely dry bottom every morning.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:50 pm

I'd go with the LG or the LLS. M isn't a particularly heavy wetter and we use LG and Wee Notions at night.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Jacob's have measured 350-450 before and a disposable just lasts overnight. When he was smaller he out weed all night nappies except heavy wetter ones. I would say 227 is more average

Return to Night Nappies