hf1

Night nappies for a 7 year old (eek)

My avatar
bealos
Clothie
Clothie

Night nappies for a 7 year old (eek)

Postby bealos » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:12 pm

I have a 7 year old boy who is an incredibly deep sleeper and simply does not stir in the night and go for a wee... we're now onto trying one of those alarms that sounds when he wets the bed - but he's not waking up even for that. We persevere....

ANYWAY, we've been using those Pajama Pants disposables for a while now, but I'm appalled by the cost (£5 a pack of 9?) and generally landfill grossness.

Are they any cloth alternatives for someone who is sometimes a very heavy wetter and fits age 8 clothes?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Night nappies for a 7 year old (eek)

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Doesn't nappies by minki do large sizes? someone else will come along with ideas soon i'm sure

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:57 pm

My 7 year old wears XL nappies by Minki pockets and Holdens Landing Junior Bedbug plus with wool over the top

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:00 pm

These come highly rated, I think they are the ones @gilbertandmartha was referring to

http://www.minkinappies.co.uk/pull-onnappies-c-34-1.php

My avatar
Perrine
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Perrine » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:28 pm

What about the Super undies ?

http://www.babykind.co.uk/bedwetterpant ... ndiesnight

They come in 5 sizes from 2 to 12 years old and you can add extra inserts to boost absorbency.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 pm

WAHM's also make xl or xxl nappies but they can be pricey. I do hear good things about sixing if minky nappies too.

My avatar
bealos
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bealos » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Thank you!

Am checking out Minki and the Super Undies...

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:22 pm

I second the super undies. Expensive but not in the long run!

My avatar
BubbaL1ss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby BubbaL1ss » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 pm

thanks for all the links here, good luck finding something for your 7yr old. i read good reviews on one, i think bedwetter one saying that the child was so relieved to be able to be more responsible as they could pull up by themselves and no longer felt bad about mums linen washing load. a relief all round for child and mum.

will bear all this in mind for my boys as i resorted back to sposies at night but may just be converted too. i have a stash upstairs of general cloth and may be able to cobble something together but if not, will be following with interest - let us know how you get on x

Return to Night Nappies