hf1

Fleece pants trial is on!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Fleece pants trial is on!

Postby Slebro » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks to @gilbertandmartha, ds2 is wearing fleece pants tonight ... DH is a bit dubious and I'm hoping it goes ok! I added an extra 2 ll boosters (small ones as the big ones are in the nappy bucket) to his bamboo-lollipop-and-cotton-terry combo as his nappy is generally really wet in the morning so I thought it'd be better to add more for luck. :lookround:

Those extra 2 small boosters meant I couldn't do up his sleepsuit so I've put him in a sleeping bag so he's not draughty. It was really tricky pulling them up is there a magic technique?!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Fleece pants trial is on!

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Fingers crossed it goes well @Slebro , I think the trick is in the practice :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:49 am

How did it go?
@slebro

I love fleece and wool at night!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm excited to hear the results. I haven't even had my morning cup of tea yet :hohoho: @Slebro

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:58 pm

@gilbertandmartha @clothmama @docmaggoo

edited to add tags :D

Hmmmm not a great start as his sleepsuit and sleeping bag (and our sheets as he was in with us!) were all wet this morning :( however, tonight he's in a sized up disposable with the soaker over.... its testament to my lack of sleep that I can't remember if there's anything else stuffed stuffed between nappy and fleece :-? but we'll see how this goes! I will check him lots for wetness whenever I feed (every nlooming hr atm) and lie him on a terry as I've changed the bed now and don't want to have to do it again tomorrow :evil:

Last nights nappy still had dry patches (first time ever!) which must mean there was enough absorbancy just in the wrong places? How can I add boosters outside the nappy? Do I stick them down the front after it's pulled up?

The good news is that dh wasn't too fussed it didn't work - I think he's used to ds2s nappies leaking at night now so was quite happy when I said we'd try other combos :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:07 pm

I think when I used to add boosters to Lockie's I used to lay the booster in the fleece and then pull them on.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:14 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:I think when I used to add boosters to Lockie's I used to lay the booster in the fleece and then pull them on.

ah I was trying to lie him on the booster the same as using a wrap. I'll try it you're way tomorrow!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Slebro wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:I think when I used to add boosters to Lockie's I used to lay the booster in the fleece and then pull them on.

ah I was trying to lie him on the booster the same as using a wrap. I'll try it you're way tomorrow!

*your
stupid predictive text and stupid me not reading what I'm typing!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Oh shame! I do hope it works out for you, I think it is just a case of trail and error. I had a nightmare with Louis in a red fleece Tots Bots wrap when Louis was tiny and was always too scared to try again but got on wonderfully with wool (starting with a really really felted old jumper that I turned into a bumsweater - it was bombproof!)

Next

Return to Night Nappies