Night boosting help please

My avatar
Mazdogs
Clothie
Clothie

Night boosting help please

Postby Mazdogs » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi,
I was hoping somebody could help me choose a night nappy system for a really heavy wetter. He's 8m and sleeps on his front, regularly fills and leaks a disposable 2 sizes up. He's in the nappy for around 10-11 hours. He doesn't sleep through but is easier to get back to sleep if I don't change him, he wakes 5-6 times so I need him to go back to sleep with minimal fuss.

We changed to cloth during the day over 2months ago but I haven't bit the bullet for night time yet.

I have some bamboo little lambs, totsbots bamboozles and motherease nappies and some motherease wraps.

What are the most absorbent boosters? I have looked into this but I can't make my mind up.

Hope someone can help and offer some advice! TIA

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Night boosting help please

Postby ems101 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Hemp for boosting has worked well for us, but I think it is a bit of trial and error. Sounds like you have some decent nappies but if hes a v heavy wetter you might need a dedicated night nappy. It might be worth considering a wool soaker too instead of a pul wrap.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Easy Peasy hemp boosters are fairly slim and very absorbent. You can't have them right next to baby's bum as it absorbs slowly. I used to use 2 on the outside of my DS2's night nappy (he's a tummy sleeper so had one flat and the other folded in half at the front!!)as he was a ridiculously heavy wetter. He's backed off now at 11 months and only needs one folded in half at the front.

At one point I was using a TB bamboozle stretch with a petit dessous bamboo inside the nappy and 2 EP hemp on the outside. Now he has grown into his big brother's WNNN or little gumnut night nappies with the single EP.

We use fleece or wool over the top.

My avatar
girlelvis
Clothie
Clothie

Postby girlelvis » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 am

I have a very heavy wetting girl.
The best tips I found were either to use 2 nappies, a large over the regular size, or to boost in between the nappy and the cover. Large Little Lambs or Motherease worked well as outer nappies when she was smaller.
The night nappies we have had since 4 months have been MASSIVE, but it's the only thing that works (disposables definitely didn't!). Proper teletubbies shape!
Right now, at 11 months, we use a Happy Hempy, which has a really wide pocket, (or an Ella's house night nappy) which gets about 3 boosters, then a swaddlebees large hemp booster, then a wool wrap (the boiled wool/felt type).
Right now experimenting with different boosters. Hemp is good but in combination. Right now my best booster is one from a close pop-in, its bamboo trifold with a hemp behind.

cheers

Return to Night Nappies