When is a night nappy to wet?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

When is a night nappy to wet?

Postby charlibunny » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Stoopid question i know, but hey!

Should night nappies be sopping in the morning? or should i add more stuffing? They are not leaking through the wraps (motherease) but if i ever want to try wool im guessing it wont work as she sleeps still and pees rivers.

She outpee's WNNN UDNN and babybufters. Minki's gape round her skinny legs, the smalls are far to big still. I dont have snap in boosters for the trifolds on either the WNNN or UDNN but i add a little lamb booster in or a ella's house hemp and they are still soggy!!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: When is a night nappy to wet?

Postby Allie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Harriet's nappies used to be sopping wet in the mornings before we tried wool but they're fine now. Wool allows moisture to evaporate so it should be fine overnight on a heavy wetter so long as it's well lanolised.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 pm

I think I would add more boosting!

Have you tried both slinki and standard minkis?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 pm

scrunchkins wrote:Harriet's nappies used to be sopping wet in the mornings before we tried wool but they're fine now. Wool allows moisture to evaporate so it should be fine overnight on a heavy wetter so long as it's well lanolised.

WSS, Ryan's night nappies used to be soaking wet before we switched to wool too.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:45 pm

scrunchkins wrote:Harriet's nappies used to be sopping wet in the mornings before we tried wool but they're fine now. Wool allows moisture to evaporate so it should be fine overnight on a heavy wetter so long as it's well lanolised.

A very good point! but they do need to be well lanolised!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:48 pm

I need some more wool then. I have merino longies in her size but they dnt really work to well. Mum is knittig soaker pads for them as we speak. I might try adding more boosting then, maybe an easypeasy?
I only have standard minki's in small. I did have 2 Slinki's in large but they fit Molly really poorly.
Im getting real problems with all nappies at the mo, i get leg gape on EVERYTHING!! She has such skinny legs but a looong body so needs the rise of a medium. im so bored of having to use Rikki wraps to contain everything. Even my WNOS are gaping and letting out poo leaks. *sigh*

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Sounds like you'd be better off buying some preloved wool that's been well lanolised already for use at night. I'd definitely add some extra boosting for now though. I've just sold some of my WNOS due to leg gaping too. :cry: Hope Sophie changes shape soon so her nappies start fitting well again.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:54 pm

charlibunny wrote:I need some more wool then. I have merino longies in her size but they dnt really work to well. Mum is knittig soaker pads for them as we speak. I might try adding more boosting then, maybe an easypeasy?
I only have standard minki's in small. I did have 2 Slinki's in large but they fit Molly really poorly.
Im getting real problems with all nappies at the mo, i get leg gape on EVERYTHING!! She has such skinny legs but a looong body so needs the rise of a medium. im so bored of having to use Rikki wraps to contain everything. Even my WNOS are gaping and letting out poo leaks. *sigh*

Grrrr, my WNs are gaping at the mo :( I've just bought a small standard minki for Summer and I can still completely overlap the tabs!

Definately try wool over night, I find interlock soakers are totally bombproof for nights!!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:56 pm

I have some shorties on the way... well i hope anyway she forgot to post them to me :hohoho:
Might lanolise my interlock longies and try them, they are part of a set so feel sad to take it away from its top and use it at night :hohoho:

Next

Return to Night Nappies